Scheming Plans

Happy Birthday DREW! <3 

-Wesley

                "Dude your phone's ringing, do you want me to answer it." I yelled to Drew from the kitchen. I was making a sandwich while Drew and Keaton played Call of Duty when his phone started ringing.

"Yeah." I walked over towards his phone, thinking that since I took so long to answer that whoever it was would just hang up and try back later but it kept ringing. I picked it up and looked at the screen.

"Bell?" I answered, not believing that it was her calling or that I had the opportunity to talk to her. I know that she calls Drew and Keaton all the time. I know the reason why she doesn't call me and to know that it's my fault she won't speak to me, hurts. I know I totally messed up by not letting her talk at all but in the moment I wasn't thinking clearly and I just wanted to make her feel as bad as I did. Then I never actually got around to calling her to apologize.

"Uh, hey Wes, is Drew around?" Her voice sounded like heaven after not hearing it for a while. God I missed her. I sighed, wishing she would talk to me more but knowing I deserved her ignoring me.

"Yeah, hold on." I told her then called for Drew and told him that Bell was on the phone. I could hear some murmuring on the other end of the phone as I could also hear Drew telling Keaton something and his footsteps coming into the kitchen.

He grabbed the phone from me and walked towards the front door, opened it and walked out; letting it fall closed. I watched, out the window in the kitchen looking out on the porch, Drew talk to her. A smile lit on his face.

"Who was it, I wasn't paying attention to you?" Keaton asked as he came into the kitchen, snapping me from watching Drew. He grabbed something out the fridge.

"Bell." I answered simply. I could hear him suck in a small breath. We haven't really talked about her, or well they haven't mentioned her around me. Keaton and I have gotten our friendship back on track and I was happy. "How'd that go?" He moved out from the fridge so he was now standing by the island with a bag of grapes in his hand, munching away.

"She just asked for Drew and that was it."

I wanted so much to say more that we talked and worked everything out when, in reality, we didn't. I want us to be back as friends; maybe more.

"Dude, I'm sorry. I can tell you that she misses you. She doesn't say anything about it but we can tell when she is talking that she is missing you."

"It's okay Keats. She's coming back in a few days and then I'll talk to her." He smiled at me.

Later that night I laid in bed thinking about Isabella and what I said to her. As far as I could remember it wasn't something good I said either. I sighed. I know she wouldn't use any of us. Hell she's been there for us way before we ever had thought about an album of our own.

Now that I think about it I know the perfect way to make up how much of an ass I was to her. I grabbed my phone off my side table and went to her contact. Immediately I sent her a message hoping she would answer but since it was almost four in the morning there I doubt that she would.

When I hit the send button it felt like a ton of bricks were placed on my shoulders.

That night I actually fell asleep smiling, thinking about Bell.

"Wes, come on bro, we're going to be late if you don't get your ass out of bed!" Keaton shook my shoulder waking me up from a peaceful sleep.

I sat up groggily and looked at the clock. Five a.m. flashed in bright red lights, making me want to go back to sleep for another few hours.

"Okay." I flung the black cover off my body then got out of bed.

"Drew's already downstairs waiting for us." Keaton told me before walking out the door. I went and took a quick shower, then dressing in sweats. I was not looking forward to having a microphone shoved in my face for the day but I guess that's my job now.

I grabbed my phone off charge, tucked it into my pocket, and headed downstairs. Drew and Keaton were in the kitchen, talking animatedly.

"Ready." I announced as I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge.

We shuffled out of the house and into Drew's car. I turned on the radio, settling for a station playing country. It's not my favorite but I really didn't think to play hard rock at six in the morning.

"Hey Drew, what did Izzy want last night when she called?" Keaton asked from the back seat.

My eyes widened as I fished my phone out of my pocket. I had to see if she messaged me back. As I unlocked my phone, I still kept my ears open to hear what Drew was saying.

"She made a friend while on the plane and she wanted one of us to talk to her. Her name's Chelsea. Izzy says she's really nice and they have a lot in common. And that she'd a big Emblem3 fan." He said nonchalantly.  

I listened to him and then went to my messages after seeing that she replied. My heart beat picked up once I saw her name on the screen along with the message.

"Drew our album drops next Monday right?" I asked with excitement in my voice.

"Yeah, the party is the Sunday before."

"Good." I smiled as I answered Bell back.

I was a complete dick to you, Bell and I want to apologize for it. Let me take you out once you get back to make up for it.

She had replied with an 'I'd love that Wes' and I had immediately went into thinking mode about what I was going to do for her.

I said I would update last night but I fell asleep. It's been a long morning, and I am ready for a nap. :/ Anyway, I did my first 2k walk Saturday. I finished in the top 100 so that was great! I really can't wait to do another one. They really are fun. Anyway let me know how you liked this chapter. I have something up my sleeves for the next few chapters.  I'm guessing this story will have 20 chapters. 

Stay Beautiful

-Courtney