Fire Starter

Prologue 

"It's over." His voice sneered at me with as much venom as you could possibly think. This little phrase replayed over in my mind as I sat on my bed in my lonely apartment. Those words meant a lot more than just a simple break-up; I've wanted to hear them for a while now since I knew my feelings were for someone else and even though he'll never like me like I like him, I'm glad to be away from Theo, my ex-boyfriend.

It's not that he was ever physically abusive but more so emotionally abusive. He always was possessive of where I went and who with; almost as if he owned me. If I was with anyone he liked, he always would belittle me or whoever I was with. He never liked the fact that I was always with any of the three boys and not with him. Those boys have been there for me since I moved here almost two years ago.

I'm from West Virginia originally, and moved here to go to college since it was as far away as I could get. I had to get away from my small town life and start a life for myself. I loved home and my mom but that's all I had was her. She was the only one around in my life; I never knew my father because he left before I was born and my mom's parents didn't want a thing to do with either of us when they found out that I was conceived.

After that it was just us two until I left for college. It wasn't easy for either my mom or I but I knew that I had to move here.  It was a bit rocky at first but then I met Drew. He was the start to helping me get my life started here. I was extremely gratefully for his generosity and then Keaton and Wesley joined in and somehow throughout the craziness a friendship came out of it.

That's one of the things Theo hated whenever we started dating was my friendship with them. When they left on for the X-factor his attitude towards them changed; since they were in LA and I was still in Huntington it was okay with him. I didn't really care much about his attitude then because we had just started dating but then when they came back he built walls around us and made me stay away from them.

 I never listened to him; somehow I would sneak away and visit them. As I did this, the relationship between Theo and I changed. He wasn't the caring boyfriend anymore and I was slowly losing feelings for him. Call me a bad girlfriend but I would always get caught up with what Wesley, Keaton, or Drew was doing that I never really had time for Theo so when we actually did break up I was glad. I'll admit in the beginning I was attracted towards Theo but the longer we dated the more I knew in my heart I wasn't in love with him.

Somewhere in the time we dated I figured who my feelings were turning to, and even then I was surprised because we weren't as close as the other two boys.  We were best friends, and that was it.  Sadly it wasn't because I'm just the girl with a hopeless crush on Wesley Trent Stromberg.