Well They Were

-Isabella

                I leaned back on the counter at work and sighed. It's been an extremely busy day today at the ice cream shop and I've finally gotten a break; or well time to restock. I'm the only one working right now then Amelia was supposed to come in and help but that was still an hour away.

Since the store was now empty I took this opportunity to bring out more tubs of ice cream to replace the empty ones. I grabbed the two we needed most and walked back in with them. As I sat the two new containers of cookie dough I noticed someone standing in line with their back facing away from me.  I put the ice cream in their right spot then went to get the man's order.

"Sorry about that sir, what can I get you?" I said in the best cheery voice I could muster up at the moment. It seemed like I would just get a moment to breath and then someone else would walk inside.

"Well you could get me a vanilla cone but I would much rather have you." My eyes widened as I recognized the voice. "Theo what are you doing here?" I asked rudely.

He looked mockingly shocked. "Is that any way to talk to a paying customer?" He laughed it off but I could see in his eyes that he didn't like my tone of voice. "It is whenever this 'paying customer' is stalking me!" I snapped back at him. He gave me a tsk before stepping as close as he could to me since the counter was the only thing separating us.

"Babe you might want to be nicer or I just might have to tell your boss about how you are treating your costumers." He smirked at me. My cheeks flared red from anger but he still wasn't finished talking. "One more rude comment and I could have you fired and I know how much you need this job to pay for college." At this I was ready to smash his face.

"How the hell do you know this? Stalking and bugging my phone? House? I could have you arrested for this!" He gave a short chuckle. "You wouldn't do that." It was my turn to laugh now. He obviously didn't know me that we'll if I wouldn't do it. I'm not one to just roll over. "And why is that?"

He inched his face closer so I could feel his breath on my face as he whispered. "Because then everyone will know the real reason  why you're always so close to your three best friends." My eyes turned into slit as I remembered the conversation he was referring.  He was the one who was lying about why I was friends with Drew, Keaton, and Wesley. When he found out that I was friends famous people he always try to get me to ask them if they had any jobs for him to do at the studio. Instantly I said no and that's been my answer since. I will never be that kind of friend to them. They could have all the money in the world and I would never ask them for a single penny.

He didn't like the fact that I wouldn't do that for him so that's when he started telling me who to hang out with and who not too; them being one not to. This was eventually the end of our seven month relationship but at that time I knew that my feelings for him were not there anymore.

"Whatever Theo, you and I both know you're lying so why don't you leave me alone and find someone else to stalk!" I spat back at him. He gave me a creepy smile as he back away from the counter and left. I shook my head as I watched him leave. What the hell is going on in his mind?

When I got home that night all the boys were in my apartment. I sighed and walked inside, setting my bag and stuff on the table then went to the living room where they were all sitting. I didn't mind that they were here but I really wanted to go to bed and not have to worry about his day anymore.

"Hey guys." I waved to them, as wore out as I could it probably wasn't much of a wave and more of a shrug. Wes and Keaton barely looked away from the television, both in a very heated match on Call of Duty zombies. Drew however looked up at me with a smile but once he saw my state it slowly fell into a frown.

Before he could ask I told them I was going upstairs to change and then go to bed. Once I had my pajamas on and was in bed I heard a light knock on the door. "Come in." I called softly as I sat up in my bed.

"You okay?" My door opened and revealed Drew. He seemed so sincere when he asked me that I felt a lump in my throat.  I put my face in my hands, already feeling the sting in my eyes.

I hated crying in front of people but everything seemed to push me.

"No." I muttered as the first tears leaked out. Soon I felt the bed dip down and then I was pulled into Drew's chest." Then what's wrong?" He said while rubbing my back comfortingly.  I looked up, through my tears, to see his face.

"Everything Drew. Theo came into the ice cream shop today and told me that he'd tell everyone the real reason I'm friends with you all, which is total bullshit, and my mom wants me to come home for a few weeks but I have to either choose her or school because I only have enough money for one. I really miss my mom but I also need books and then I need to pay some on my tuition." I told Drew everything. For some reason I felt like I could tell him anything and he would know the right answer. Even through my tears I could hear him mutter something about Theo.

"Listen Izzy, whatever bullshit he is saying it's not remotely true to why we are friends. We're friends because we both get along and have similar interest and because you're a badass zombie killer. I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing he can break up our friendship with some stupid lie. I'm also going to let you know now that the next time I see him, I'm going to kick his ass." I gave him a smile at that one. I would love to see that happen to him. As much hell as he's putting me through he deserves it.

"Now you said you really want to go see your mom?" I nodded my head, not really knowing what he was getting at. "Then you're going to go visit her." I looked at him like he was crazy and began to protest only to be cut off by him.

"I've got your books covered; you want to see your mom then go visit her. I think about how I barely get to see mine and I know how much you miss her. So no arguing; I'll pay for your books as an early birthday present." He insisted. I couldn't help but smile at his gesture.

"Thank you." I said quietly as I very reluctantly agreed. "You're welcome Izzy." He got up off my bed, turning to hug me.

"Goodnight." He whispered. I gave him a small laugh. "Night." He turned around and went to shut the door when I remembered something.

"Drew!" He opened the door wide again and gave me a look. "If you three are crashing here please don't ruin anything and whatever messes you make clean it up." He waved his hand at me and quickly shut the door before I could say anything else.

I laid back down, turned the lamp beside my bed off, and stared at my ceiling, I guess all my problems are all figured out.

Or well they were