Complicated

-Isabella

"Chelsea?" My mom's voice called out.

I was frozen in my spot. Everything keeps falling into place in my life and then messing up. I didn't know what I was going to do next.

"Dad, what's going on." She asked, stepping closer to him.

"Chels, I'm sorry you had to find out like this. I was going to tell you sooner." Her, and now my, father told her sincerely. "Tell me what?" She hissed at him. I flinched away from her tone. This is the first time I have ever heard her talk like that and I can tell that I never want to see this side of her again.

"About how I actually still talk to your mother and how you have a younger sister." After he said that I didn't know what to feel about this situation.

Angry, that now after nineteen years he comes back into my life. Happy, that I have a sister? Annoyed, that my mother has been talking to him for a while and they haven't said anything to either of us about it. My head was hurting just listening to this conversation.

"Honey, are you okay?" My mom came closer to me, placing her hand on my arm. I flinched at the contact, not sure why it felt different.

I moved my hands from beside my face, laughing at her question. "No mom I'm not. I just found out that my best friend is now my sister, and after nineteen years my father comes back into my life. Right now, I think it's best if I get out of this house for a few minutes. I'm going to go for a walk." My body had started to move as I walked back to the front door to slip on my sandals.

"I'm going with her." I heard Chelsea say through the fog that was clouding my brain. I didn't wait on her as I was already out the door and walking down the sidewalk, getting as far away from that place as I could.

My mind was telling me that I should go back and listen to my mother and hear what they have to say but then my heart was saying that I couldn't trust what I would do.

"Izzy hold on." Chelsea called out to me as she tried to catch up.

Forcefully, she grabbed my shoulder, yanking me around the see her. In that moment I broke; the tears I tried to hold in since I heard my mom tell me the news, broke loose. She opened her arms for me and I, willingly, fell into them; crying.

She didn't say anything as she held me on the sidewalk and for that I was grateful. I don't really think there was anything anybody could say to get me to stop crying. We must have looked funny to the people driving by, though. I didn't care, let them think whatever they want.

"Everything might be confusing right now, but it does get better." I forced a smile onto my face. Chelsea was trying to get me to smile or at least act like my normal self again.

We were lying on my bed later that night trying to go to sleep. After we came home I went straight to my room as my mom and Jack talked to Chelsea. I took that time to actually think about the situation I was thrust into.

Jack was the man who was always a mystery in my life. I didn't have that father figure growing up and I don't really know how to handle it now. Chelsea, the girl I thought was just a friend, is now my sister who I had no clue about. Sighing, I rolled out of bed and walked toward my closet. In the back of my brain a little voice was telling me something that would make this situation worse but pushed it away. I wanted to go back to where I now things would be normal again.

I grabbed my bags from the floor and unzipped them. Chelsea gave me a funny look. "What are you doing?"

"Tomorrow, I'm going home. Everything is just crazy in my life here and in California. I can't handle this." I grabbed some of the shirts I brought with me and folded them into the bag.

"What do you mean home, Izzy? You can't run away from your problems and think that will make them all better. What about your mom, my dad? What about me?" She said the last part softly. My heart squeezed at her words.

"I don't know Chelsea. I can't with them right now. I can tell you I have another room in my apartment and if you want, it's yours. I'd love for you to live with me." Her jaw dropped.

"I'll go with you but you have to talk to our parents about this. You can't leave when the situation is like this. It doesn't help anything." I sighed as she spoke, knowing she was correct.

"Fine, tomorrow morning we'll talk then we can go to your house and get your things. Do you think your dad would mind you coming with me?"

"Who knows, I just know that I finally have a sister and I can't let her go out of my life again." She brushed it off. I laughed at her. It's so weird but in a sense I can already tell that we we'll grow close. I may have been reluctant about meeting my father but I'm happy that I have Chelsea, even now that I know she's my sister and didn't have a clue that I even existed.

We talked for a little while longer before going to bed. I slept restlessly, waking up off and on throughout the night. The next morning when I woke up, I immediately wish I hadn't. I had a head ache and I could feel my eyes were sore from crying but I had to get up. I trudged my way downstairs and met my mother and Jack sitting on the couch.

"Good morning honey." She said softly, knowing the situation was still tense. Couldn't blame her, I reacted crazy to the news.

"Morning mom." I said before going into the kitchen and making me some cereal. I grabbed the box of Lucky Charms out of the cabinet and poured me a bowl. I poured milk into it too and grabbed a spoon, making my way back into the living room.

I sat on the love seat, opposite of them. I could feel the tension in the room.

"Okay, we need to talk about this." I told them. My mother agreed and asked if I had anything I really wanted to say.

"How long have you been talking without either Chelsea and I knowing?" They both shared a look before answering.

"About a year and a half." Jack answered. I about chocked on my cereal. That is about the same time I went to California.

"Are you two... together or anything now?" I asked quietly. They seemed to stare at me. Maybe I asked the wrong question or offended one of them.

"Yes, we are. We have been since we met again."

My eyes bulged out of my eyes. This is all too much to handle.

"I'm happy for you mom but I this is just too much. I'm going to go back home." I placed my bowl on the stand table and raced up the stairs to my room. Chelsea was just waking up when I shut the door. I ignored her and went straight to the other suitcase, filling it with the rest of the stuff I had set out.

"I talked to them, I'm going to finish packing and hope I can switch my ticket for today." I told her before she walked out the door.

I don't know why I think running away from this will help but I just can't stay here very much longer. I feel like everything has been a lie or a slap to the face. She lied every time she called. I had cried for weeks when someone would laugh at me growing up for not having a dad. I was hurt by never knowing him and she just drops this on me like I'm supposed to be okay with it. 

God why is my life so complicated right now?

Wow, three updates in three days! I am definitely getting over this writing block! Thank goodness! Anyway, I have been thinking about if this should have a sequel or not. I have another idea for a story of mine that a lot of people would enjoy but then I can't just leave this book hanging or just write like twenty chapters and bam then an epilogue you all know I am not like that. I like when my books have more than one book and explain more of the characters lives.

Anyway comment and vote.

Stay Beautiful!

-Courtney <3