Bonfire

-Isabella

            I woke up the next morning to people rushing around and being noisy down stairs. Sighing, I slid out of bed and raking my fingers through my hair as I walked down the stairs to see why these boys were waking me up again.

"What the hell are you three doing?" I asked annoyed that they woke me up really early again. Sleep is a big thing to me, I like sleeping in and if I don't I become really grouchy.

"If you'd answer your phone once in a while then you would know." Drew answered me. My eyes turned to him, sitting on my couch playing Call of Duty with Wesley on the PlayStation 3. I shrugged my shoulders and went to find Keaton, leaving the two boys to play their game.

"Keats, why are you raiding my fridge?" I asked the younger boy who currently had half of his body in my fridge, eating most of what was in the middle of it as I sat down on one of the four bar stools that stood in front of the island in the kitchen.

"Izzy, I need to eat, those two only have healthy crap in the refrigerator at home and I needed real food.  You have the good stuff!" He pulled his upper body out revealing him with a thing of string cheese in between his lips.

I shook my head at him and watched in amusement as he started pulling random leftovers out from the center of my fridge. "Yeah well whatever you dirty make sure you clean it up." I said as I hopped off my barstool and started to head into the living room to play some zombies.

"Hey Izzy, why is there a thing of flowers on the island and why are they from Theo? Are you guys back together again or something?" I internally groaned as he asked me the one question I hoped none of them would. I should have just thrown the vase out but hadn't had time to.

I turned back around and faced him. "They were sitting at my doorstep when I got home last night. I don't know why but he wants to get back together and I'm not interested anymore and he's been acting really creepy lately." I tried to sound somewhat nonchalant about the whole situation but failed miserably.

"Want me to kick his ass for you and tell him to leave you alone?" I jumped at the sound of Wesley's voice behind me. I shook my head signaling a no but was mentally awing on the inside. Is he being protective over me?

"No that's okay Wes, he'll leave me alone in a few days and find someone else." I muttered as I turned around. "But thanks for the offer." He gave me a wink. I blushed and turned to Drew who started talking.

"Yeah well I don't trust the creep so be careful when you're out alone okay? If he wants you back and with his past history of being really territorial over you it wouldn't be good." I nodded my head.

"Okay, I'll keep my eyes open for him but right now I need to shower so I don't stink when I go to school so if you all will excuse me." I said while walking out of the kitchen and going up to my room to shower and get ready for school.

"So how was work last night Izzy?" Keaton asked me once I sat down on the couch beside him. He was the only one currently still in the room; I've not got a clue where the other two went. Hopefully they weren't messing something up in my apartment.

"It was long and boring. I think that there was maybe four people that came in during the whole eight hour shift I had. I'm not going to complain about it though I got to finish my History paper that's due today, so I guess I did achieve something." I said. Keaton flashed me a smile.

"Are you ready for this school year to end? You only have a few days left and then summer starts don't you?" My smile faltered a bit, I was so ready for summer to start but knowing that I might actually be dropping out after this is what really has me upset.

"I guess so." I shrugged lightly. My eyes zoomed in on a painting on the wall and that's where my gaze held itself. I wasn't sad that he brought the question up I just wish he didn't.

"There's something wrong, you seem off?" He asked as he looked at me concerned.

That was one thing about Keaton that I loved, even though he's extremely awkward he can still figure me out better than most people who've known me my entire life. I don't know how he does it but I guess he can sense it or something.

"Keats it's nothing to worry about right now, if I can't figure it out on my own then I'll come talk to you." I sighed. I was honestly going to tell him what was wrong, or well part of what was wrong but I couldn't get my brain to send my mouth the right words.

He gave me a small smile. "Okay, but if you need someone to talk to remember I'm always free to listen unless I'm with Zuni then we'd have some issues, missy." He pointed his finger at me as he said the last words. I instantly started laughing, which brought a smile to his face.

"I won't mess with you and your cat's time together." I said smiling, earning one back.

Awkward Keaton makes his return in some of the weirdest times.

I walked out the double doors of my college and went straight to my car. I had to turn in a couple of assignments then I was heading to the beach. I loved being in the water but I think I was more of a sand crab because I was usually playing in the sand or tanning.

Today I just wanted to relax and bask in the sun for a few hours and since it's only two I thought why the hell not? The sun was still high up in the sky and there was a light breeze coming through. It was perfect for me to just think and not have a care in the world.

I parked my car in an open space and grabbed my bag before shutting my car off and getting out. I had a towel and some tanning lotion; if I'm here then why not at least get a tan? I locked my car up before going to get a chair away from everyone else.

I sat my stuff down beside the chair and then took my shirt and shorts off to reveal a blue bandeau bikini. I sat them aside then grabbed the lotion, putting it on.  I grabbed my glasses out of my bag and leaned back in the chair; letting the sun heat up my body. I hadn't been there long when I heard a voice call for me.

"Bell?" Wesley's voice made my eyes pop open.  Sure enough there he was standing off to the side with his board tucked under his arm. I sat up in my seat and pushed my glasses on top of my head.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, not that I minded him being here I really enjoyed his company, I was just surprised to see him here.

"I was here with Drew, but he got a call from a friend asking us if we wanted to go to a bonfire that he's having tonight so he went home but I stayed for a while longer." He said as he looked back out into the ocean.

"Oh, sounds fun, are you going?" I asked with a smile on my face. I loved talking to Wesley even if it's for something simple.

"Yeah I think, that is if you'd want to accompany me?" His face turned back to me and a smile was etched onto his face. I blushed and nodded my head. Wes wanted me to go with him?

"Sure I'd love too. What time?" I asked.

"Ten o'clock." He answered with a smile making a blush appear all over my cheeks. As a distraction I checked my phone to see the time; it was only three thirty.

"You want to grab some ice cream?" I asked seeing as how he looked like he didn't want to leave my company any time soon. "My treat?" I bribed him seeing as I didn't want to leave his company.

"I'll go but you are definitely not paying." He smirked at me as I rolled my eyes.