Chelsea's House

-Isabella

                I stood with my mom outside of the local store as she was talking to a close friend of hers. I've been here for about a week and to say that it's went by was an understatement. It's pretty boring other than the fact that Drew and Keaton call and text me most of the day.  They are literally keeping me sane here. Not that I don't love my mom, but there's literally nothing to do around here, no skate parks, no baseball fields for the public, or a normal playground; there's a few around but they only have kids equipment on them so adults couldn't use them.

"Okay, you take care Sheryl." My mom told the elderly lady as she walked away. I gave her a smile before turning around and walking to my mom's black car. She got in a second after I did after putting her stuff in the back. She started the car and backed out of the parking spot.

"Is there anything you want to do?" She asked me the same question that she's asked everyday since I got her.  I shook my head no. There wasn't much to do around here and then I have no one to do anything with anyway.  I haven't done much at all except for staying home and hanging out with my mom.

Actually there is something I want to do but I can't, or well I am scared to. I want to talk to Wes but I don't think he wants to talk to me. I haven't talked to either Keaton or Drew about it but I know they want to tell me about him since they are always with him.

It sucks but I don't know if he wants to talk to me after everything. And then the kiss, I guess it meant he likes me back but now it's hard to tell with what happened.

"Honey just call him." My mom said before she turned around to grab the bags in the back. I hadn't noticed we were home until she turned around.

"I can't mom, it's just not a conversation I want to have over a call." I said as I got out of the car and then got the stuff in the back. She's been telling me to give Wes a call since I explained what happened when I left but I just couldn't bring myself too so that was the excuse I've been using.

I desperately want to talk to him. I'm not sad about it that much anymore, I mean if I came in and saw Wes with my younger sister, if I had one, cuddled on the couch together I would think the same thing. I don't know if I would flip out like he did but I get it. I kissed him then spent the rest of the night with Keaton. It looked horrible to him.

"Okay but I think if you all talk soon it'll make you happier."

I didn't say anything back to her, not really wanting to argue with her at the moment.

A few hours later I found myself in my mom's car driving to Chelsea's house, an hour away. She had called about twenty minutes ago asking to hang out for the night since it was just her home. She mentioned her dad leaving for a few days to attend a conference in a town a few hours away and how she was in need of some company.

Before I left my mom's house I briefly gave her my plans for the night before leaving.  And now I found myself singing along to the songs on the radio and weaving my way through traffic on the five lane.

I had actually been talking to Chelsea a lot since we became friends on the plane. She's actually the first girl I can call a friend other than Amelia but she really doesn't count since we only talk at work.

"Hey, come on in." Chelsea greeted me once I got to her house and knocked on the door. I followed her inside, setting on the chair. She sat down on the other couch before letting out a breath.

"So what should we do?" She asked. I had known that this would happen. It's usually the same with the guys too. My lips curled into a smile. I have always wanted to have a typical girl's night. With the movies, music, pizza, and talking about boys, the cheesy kind of sleepovers those preteen girls have. I had never had one so when I told her this she chuckled but grabbed her phone to order pizza. While she did that I went over to the television, switching it to the Sirius music channel.  Letting her finish the call before I turned the music up loud. 

"I hope you don't mind this. I've always wanted the cheesy slumber party with a friend but my friends are guys so it never worked. They like playing Zombies more than watching sappy movies with me." I told her over the music. She had a wide grin on her face so I guess she didn't care.

Taylor Swift's song Red was already playing as we started to obnoxiously dance around her living room. It was fun to let loose with someone other than the boys. When the pizza came we stopped and switched the television over to some horror movies.

"Okay, so if your mom lives here why were you in California?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Chelsea." I smirked at her. She was at the same airport I was and we both were in California.

"My dad was on business so I decided to tag along. I had only been to California once before." She shrugged the question off like it was easy. "Now tell me about yourself." Her voice made me laugh as it sounded like a preteen girl trying to find out about how her best friends date went.

"I live in Huntington. Go to school, work and hang out with my friends. It's basically a normal life." I took another slice of the pizza and started eating while she asked me other questions about what I was going to school for and where I worked. I answered each one as she would comment on them in between asking another question. It wasn't until she asked me about my friends that I kind of tensed up a little bit.

I was relieved when her phone started ringing but it wasn't a very long relief. Her ringtone was Sunset Blvd by my best friends. How in the hell do I even tell her that one? Or if she'll even believe me.

"I'll be right back Izzy." I smiled at her using my nickname. I haven't heard it in a long time and hearing it now actually made me miss the boys, especially Wes.

When Chelsea walked back inside the living room she tossed her phone on the couch and mumbled something about her dad. I personally haven't met him since he's supposedly on his way back from California but I don't ask much about him either. She doesn't have a mom or any siblings so I guess we can relate to each other in more ways than one.

"You like Emblem3?" I didn't even stop the words as they were traveling out of my mouth.

"Like? No I love them. They are really good and I'm proud of how far they went on the x factor." The grin left on my face was enough to make me look like a creeper. I know I haven't told her that they are my best friends but I have a better way to answer her friends question.

I took my cell phone out of my bag and dialed Drew's number. Chelsea looked at me funny but I really wanted to see her reaction to this. "What are you doing?" She asked me as I sat my phone down on the little table that was in between us and then set it to speaker.

"Just listen."

The phone rang for the longest time that I actually didn't think Drew was going to pick up. I went to grab my phone when a voice I had been dying to hear answered.

"Bell?"