Chapter 9

The second and third gunshots rang through ur head and brought u back into consciousness. There was an eerie silence that filled the car and being careful to pull the dirty blanket Thomas gave u over yourself, you looked around the interior of the vehicle. Suddenly a deep lurch in the car caused u to spin around and around, your body crashing against Windows, car doors and Thomas as u rolled down down down.

U awoke once more to the drip of blood and tears on ur cheeks. U struggled with the seatbelt that was cutting into your neck and fell onto what was the ceiling of the car. In that moment u realised what had happened. Dylan had been shot, causing him to fall on the steering wheel and crash the car into a ditch. Suddenly remembering, u scrambled for Thomas, searching desperately for the blonde hair and brown eyes u knew so well. U saw him, slumped under one of the seats, a small cut on his cheek but otherwise unscathed. Thank goodness, u breathed silently to yourself.

*CRUNCH CRUNCH* the footsteps slapped against the gravelly floor of the ditch just outside the car- "who the hell is-"

"It's me, bitch." That gruff voice that would haunt ur nightmares forever came from the shattered window as u saw the dealer leering at u through the window. "Now I've killed ur mates, what do u say we have a go at round 2?"

With a snap, Thomas awoke, tears of hatred pouring down his face at the sight of the man. "U MONSTER!! ISNT IT ENOUGH THAT YOUVE SLEPT WITH MY GIRLFRIEND?! Do u also have to destroy everything and everyone I care about?!" With his final syllable, Thomas snatched the gun from the stunned dealer, the barrel trained on his head. "If u move one more muscle, I swear to god I will pull this trigger. I don't care anymore." The dealer put his hands up in surrender, "U don't have the guts u liar"
"DONT I?!???" Thomas screamed in fury, "WHY DONT U WATCH ME?!??"

U knew what was coming next, and dove in the way of Thomas and the man. "Thomas please, stop! You'll go to prison and then what?!"
"Y/N, are u kidding me?! The man almost RAPED u!!!!!"
The memories flashed in front of u as u felt his hands all over again, felt the pain and anguish u would never stop feeling.
"Well," you sobbed, ur voice cracking, "Who's fault it that, Thomas? You're the one who lost it at Henry". U had lost control now, but u were too damaged inside to think any better, "U DID THIS TO ME THOMAS! THIS IS ALL UR FAULT!"

It was the way he looked at u, it was the simple way he displayed his realisation of the truth on his face. He knew. U knew. Everything u had said was true and more. And dear god, did the truth hurt like hell.

U heard the gun crash to the floor as the police sirens rang out behind u and the electric wire tazed (u know what I mean right?) the dealer to the ground in a flurry of light. It was strange really, how the two of u broke apart simultaneously, as if u both knew it was time to stop pretending everything was fixable. Because it wasn't . Ambulance sirens followed the police and the jacketed medics opened the crushed car doors with a snap and rushed to ur aid as u sobbed and screamed. They supported ur arms as you stumbled out of the car, but it was hopeless, u crashed down onto the harsh, cold gravel in a flash, lights popping in your field of vision. Then, blackness.

"Y/n, I'm sorry.....please, I'm sorry"

"It's impossible, she's out cold for at least 2 days now"

"We have to keep her in a medically induced coma at the moment Sir, she's not mentally stable enough to handle it right now"

"Thomas."

"Thomas. Please....."

*beep beep beep*
The electronic sounds roused u up into the excruciating light of the hospital ward. Your hands shook as u tried to sit up and call for someone, anyone to help u. Finally, someone did appear. Dylan. With a heavy bandage around his left shoulder and lower leg, he walked slowly into the room with the support of a crutch.
"Hey, y/n, are y-you ok?"
U could only stare at him in response. You were too shamed to even think about talking to him, because u knew that all he would see was u in that basement....
"Y/n, look at me" as if reading your mind, Dylan opened up to u, "My god y/n, do u really believe that I could think any different of u based on what happened back there? U saved him y/n. U know u did. If it was Holly, I would've done the exact same thing. Do u want to know what I see when I look at u y/n? I see someone in love. Now don't let shame and fear ever stop u from being that person."
His words brought tears to your eyes as u stared up at him. Those words somehow managed to give u the strength to croak out at him, "where is he?"
Dylan rubbed his head for a second before shaking his head "I'm not telling u this now Y/N. Not in the state you're in"
"Please"
He sighed, "We don't know where he is. They can't find him."

END OF CHAPTER

Something good is gunna happen in the next chapter, stay tuned xx