Landon:"Oh no."

Preston:"No he can be sheltered as well. Like when he let his sister do his make up."

I couldn't help but laugh at him slightly. He let his head fall as he seemed to retreat in on himself. I leaned over and put my hand on top of his. He looked up at me and smiled.

Preston:"I'm glad he got the balls to ask you out. I thought he would never do it."

Zoey:"Oh really?"

Preston:"Oh yeah. He never shuts up about you. Always begging me to sit him next to you in class. Always wanting to talk to you. I caved in after a while and put him next to you. I'm glad I did."

So Landon was the reason why the seat next to me had been taken in History. He wanted to sit next to me. He wanted to get to know me.Maybe he isn't doing it for a joke.

Landon:"I think your special Zoey. And I wanted to get to know you more."

Zoey:"Well first thing about me. Don't talk during the movie."

Preston started to laugh from the front seat.

Preston:"If he starts talking. Just remember I'm going to be grabbing a bit of shopping and having dinner with Vikk, Lachlan and Rob at the restaurant across the road. If you need to get out then by all means come and join us. If he annoys you that is."

Landon just laughed nervously to himself. I guess that was a fear he was having. Trying to convince himself to be the one to stand up for me when we get there. I smoothed out a crease I had forgotten in my dress as we drove. It was strangely quiet. But it was a nice silence.It wasn't awkward and it wasn't forced. So that was always good. As we finally pulled into the car park. We got out of the car and started walking towards the entrance. I was really nervous. I hadn't ever gone out with someone before. This was new territory for me. And I think it might have been new to him as well.

Landon:"So what do you want to see?"

Zoey:"I'm actually fine with anything on right now. You choose. I'm happy to watch anything."

Landon:"Really?"

Zoey:"Well I'm happy to be here with a guy I think is really cute. Aside from that. I'm happy with whatever movie you want to watch. I'm not going to be the traditional girl and say hey I want to watch a Rom-Com. But at the same time I'm still a girl in the sense of that.I'm open to anything. I'll give it all a chance."

I could see his eyes widen at me. I mean I am a pretty open person. I don't have any specific tastes in music, Movies, And I guess video games as well considering I like to play every now and again. Not as often as I'd like. Living alone does mean that life has to come first. I guess Landon and Preston would have games come first. How cool would that be.

Landon:"Ok. Well then how about I surprise you?"

Zoey:"Yeah ok. That sounds good."

He walked over and got our tickets before coming back to us. We walked over and got ourselves the usual snacks and a drink. A large box of popcorn for us to share. He was adorable. While we sat and waited for us to be let into the cinema. We both took a seat next to each other and were talking lightly about many things. He was telling me about his channel and how he had grown since Preston let him work with him and his friends. It might seem boring to anyone else but. Listening to the guy you like talk so passionately about something he loves to do. It was great. Even though the stigma around video games was that you could never make a solid life from it. I actually started to believe him when he said that Preston and the others became teachers to help students and do teaching on the side. While YouTube was the main focus. It was interesting. I would just sit at home and write stories about random. Fantasy worlds. Bringing my imagination to life as my pen flowed across the pages. It was therapeutic. When I started talking about myself and the writing. He seemed to be genuinely interested. Asking me if I ever thought about publishing, Or asking if I ever thought about what it would be like to have my book available in stores and people actually buying it. It astounded me that even this small. Insignificant part of my life. Was something he found so interesting.