Acceptance and Forgiveness: Zakuro's Transformation

Recappy From the Last Chappy: What would you do if Yang was right? he asked, bringing on the full attention of the shinobi. The baddie stared up at him with a completely serious expression. I think love is lame, but I'm cool with whatever you want; mostly your selfish desires, which is why I'm the baddie. If Krystal really did fall in "love" with you again, what would you do?

It had not occurred to him, the idea was so incomprehensible. He had been so sure that she, after his return, hated him. That hypothesis, however, was refuted when she claimed that this was not so. He assumed that meant she found him tolerable, after some thought. But if that was not the truth . . . . If she still loved him . . . .

What would I do? he contemplated as he looked at her back, watching her walk. His expression took on a stronger look, like a frown and scowl. Where someone returned his feelings, he could not reside. Like his brother had said: "Sever all ties, break all bonds. Only then will power truly be yours." He finally answered with three little words.

I would run.

Chapter Twenty-Five: Acceptance and Forgiveness: Zakuro's Transformation

The concert was a success. By the start time, the seats were full of screaming, obsessive fans and not a ticket went unsold. Yuuta and Annora's waltz for 'Eyes on Me' turned out elegant and magical; some couples in the audience began dancing with them in front of their seats. Harmonies were tweaked to perfection, and had everyone with a lighter raising it in praise, flame on.

For Annora's song, 'Kiss Kiss Kiss Me Breathless,' she was able to obtain a sense of balance with the heels, to an extent. She took only a single spill on stage, falling forward, during a line like, "I dream of you all day, all night, wondering if you're all ri-ight;" covered it up by staying on her stomach, resting her cheek into her hand, and kicking her heels for dreamy effect before standing up. Only people who knew how the routine was supposed to go noticed the change.

Krystal and Sasuke were busy bodyguards. Not only were they given the job of keeping fans away from backstage, but they would also have to escort the couple of fans whom had too much to drink out of the stadium (they took turns in this matter, and Krystal ended up being vomited on twice; she stayed up late that night, attempting to rid herself of puke stench.) That night, they turned into their beds tired, faced away from each other, and without a word exchanged.

Now that their mission was completed, however, it was time for the shinobi to say their goodbyes, when morning came. Already paid for their services, they were just inside the front of the hotel, where not many were present, with Yuuta and Annora.

"I'll write to you as often as I can; shouldn't take you long to receive it from Earth Country," Yuuta said, squeezing Krystal tightly. "I wish I had you for more than just a few days . . . ."

"Me too," she replied, returning the embrace just as forcefully. "Maybe you can do a concert in the Fire Country every once in awhile, so I can come as a fan instead of a bodyguard! And I can see Tsunade baa-chan about getting permission to visit, sometime . . . ." Her eyes were watering, not wanting to let him go after such a short time of reunification. "I love you, Dad."

"I love you, too." Reluctantly, they released each other and smiled as they both wiped rogue dews from their eyes. Then Krystal turned to Annora, hesitated, and bowed politely.

The woman laughed out loud and hugged her, saying, "I believe in hugs, not bows, so much. Too formal, for my taste."

The teen giggled and hugged her back. "Take care of my dad, 'kay?"

"Don't worry, Kiddo, I will," she said and let Krystal go.

Meanwhile, man and boy communicated with unfriendly stares, as Annora and Krystal say when they looked. Then, the right side of Yuuta's mouth curled up and he clapped Sasuke's shoulder, silently conveying his thoughts with eye contact alone. Sasuke remained emotionless and Annora smiled while Krystal gave a questioning look. In regards to an explanation, however, the woman shook her head.