Bite.

Aaron left me alone outside to have a minute with myself, things were so crazy I didn't know what to do. It was a predicament I never saw myself in and now I'd have to find out a way to sort out everything.

I turned to see Aaron and Zak having a serious conversation, Aaron had his back to me and Zak was across from him starring at me. His face was perfectly sculpted, my finger could've traced his jaw line and it would've sliced my finger but his eyes were dark and heavy, a look that could kill.

I turned back to the pool and jumped in, I swam around for a bit and dunked myself underwater and cried. I could wail and scream and no one would hear me, it was my best bet not to attract any attention.

"Having fun under there?" I broke the water and lifted my head out to see Zak crouching down at me.

I gasped and rubbed my eyes. "It's nice under there. I love the water, especially the beach." He held out his hand and I took it, he pulled me out of the water and grabbed me a towel.

"Red eyes." He whispered as he pushed my wet hair away from my eyes.

"Maybe the chlorine?" I shook my head and looked away.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He sat besides me. "I'm sorry about your gran, if you need anything let me know yea?"

"How did you deal with it?" I turned to him. "The woman who raised me, supported me, loved me and protected me is now on the verge of her last days and I've got to come up with an end of life plan? How can I end someone's life when it's not mine to decide?" I was frustrated.

"You knew her better than anyone, that's how you decide. You know what she'd want you to do and whatever you chose she'd be happy." He was right but it's a choice I didn't want to make, who was I to decide when I left her? I shouldn't have ever left.

"Roni, I'll be by your side and whenever you're---"

"VERONICA!" Aaron yelled from inside.

"Shit" I grunted. Zak and I both walked inside to see Aaron standing with Carter, a very pissed off Aaron.

"Roni?" Zak questioned.

"Yes, Roni?" Aaron followed.

"What are you doing here?" I nervously asked, what was he doing here? He left, he knew I didn't want him anymore.

"I miss you Roni, but I can tell you don't miss me considering you're with Zak or are you with Aaron?" He threw in my face. I shot my eyes at Zak who looked more confused than angry, I looked over to Aaron who looked like his secret has been told.

"Hey man" Aaron scoffed.

"Carter we are over! And why would you insinuate anything between Zak and I? Especially Aaron!" I shouted.

"You dated Aaron and I know you've liked Zak before! AND you think we are done by you texting me" he chuckled then scoffed. "It's not over."

"Well fuck you, it's over Carter! I'm miserable with you!" I yelled back causing Zak and Aaron to walk away.

"Clearly you're miserable without me, look at the weight you've gained!" He pointed at my body and looked disgusted.

"Hey!" Zak towered over me and shoved Carter. "She's perfect you asshole!" He raised his fist but Aaron pulled him away.

"Dude! No!" Aaron snarled at Carter. "He isn't worth it."

I stood back amazed at what Carter said. "Is that why you cheated? Am I that disgusting to have sex with?" I held my hands on my chest as I was embarrassed. I felt the air disappear from around me, I was gasping hard and nearly clawing my own skin.

"Does calling her fat make you feel good?" Zak shoved Carter. "Do you feel like a man? She doesn't need you, she is a beautiful sexy woman and you've blocked her from the world." He stepped towards Carter. "Now someone else can appreciate her, love her better than you did."

Carter looked over at me. He knew he fucked up but wasn't going to admit it. "This is it Roni?" He shirt he shrugged.

"No." I shot back. I pushed away Zak and connected my fist to Carters nose. It made a crackling noise that made me fell slightly better, he landed on his ass in pain. Aaron's mouth dropped and Zak laughed in Carter's pain. "I'm going to treat myself with some ice cream." I walked away and left Carter strolling out by himself.

"My my Roni. I'll remind myself never to piss you off?" Zak came around the kitchen counter smirking at me. "That was hot though." He winked.

"He makes me so mad." I dug my spoon into the ice cream. "I'm not disgusting am I?" I swallowed the ice cream and looked at Zak. "When I was with you, I didn't repulse you?" The fear shot through my face knowing that he might say yes.

Zak just scoffed and swiftly moved across the room and straight to me, he placed the ice cream down and took me in his arms.

"You're fucking beautiful. Your body is a maze and I'm willing to lose myself in it, when you smile I can't seem to concentrate because when you smile I know I'm in trouble." He traced the outer part of my lips.

"Are you sure?" I asked unsure, my body was tingling as he had me now against his strong body.

"You can be as uncertain as you want. Sweet pea, I'm certain enough for both of us." He gave me a little smile then he devoured me in his lips, I wrapped my hands tighter around his neck as he lifted me up in his arms.

"Mark me as yours?" I hissed against his teeth, he just grunted in response and moved his lips down to my neck then further down to my breasts.

"Right here" his nose nudged my shirt down and he bit hard down causing me to whimper and gasp for air. "Very important that I mark what's mine." He pulled away revealing a massive bite.

"Wow" I gazed down panting, my chest was breathing heavily and Zak watched every breath I took.

"I've gotta go but you call me if you need me. If you want to see your gran, let me come. Let me in Roni, please?" He begged and I nodded.