Sweet Snacks

CHAPTER FOUR:

                                                                 SWEET SNACKS

                                                            [ Back in the girls’ room..]

Sydney: “ Yeah Ashton, this all happened while you were running down the hall, but don’t worry I’m still gonna get you back.”

“ Yay! Just what I’ve been waiting for in life..” Ashton replied unenthusiastically.

Reynna: “ Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you guys that my aunt called. Since we were in the area, she wanted us to come visit her for a little bit. In about two days though, She said she needed to straighten up, but I told her I wanted to pass it by you guys first.

Joanne: “ Fine with me.”

Sydney: “ Yeah, let me just call my mom and tell her.”

Sydney unzipped her bags and pulled out her phone before dialing her mom’s  phone number.

Ashton: “ Whatever, I don’t care, sounds like an excuse for a longer vacation to me.”

Reynna: “ Alright, well I’m gonna call her.”

Joanne: “ I’m hungry, I’m going to go get something out of the vending machine. Anyone wanna come with?”

Ashton shook her head, but Rey and Syd were still preoccupied; They were engaged in conversations on their phones. She grabbed a room key and slipped it into her sweatpants pocket, before heading to the elevator. Joey hit the top arrow and was shifted upwards in the shaft. Her coins jingled in her pocket as she traveled down the empty hallway. When she finally reached her destination, she quickly scanned the assorted snacks; There were chips, gummy worms, fruit snacks, granola bars, popcorn, and honey buns, her favorite.

            She inserted a dollar bill and pressed “ D4” while her honey bun spiraled out of the metal and then froze.

“Oh come on!” she mumbled to herself.

DING!

Her ears focused on the noise before hearing, the now distinct, approaching footsteps. She continued with her moping when someone spoke: “ I hate when that happens..”

“ I know right.” She replied without turning around. She was too focused on her honey bun to actually takes the time to see the person.

“Want some help?” the voice questioned.

Joanne: “ Yes!”

This time she turned around to see who stood behind her. He walked passed her towards the vending machine and examined the trapped honey bun. He lifted his hand and knocked once on the glass, twice on the left side, and three times on the upper right edge, when the honey bun fell into the pick-up box.

“ Oh my gosh! How’d you do that?” She asked.

?????: “Let’s just say, I  have a lot of practice with vending machines.”

She smiled. : Well, thanks--- ??

“…Jacob. My name is Jacob.” He replied, finishing her sentence.

“ Well, thanks Jacob, I’m Joanne.” Bending down, her hand stretched inside the slot and pulled her ‘bun’ out.

“ You’re welcome Joanne.” Jacob replied.

She walked down the hall, into the elevator, and up to the second floor where she unwrapped her sweet snack.