The Incident.

CHAPTER THREE

                                                                              PART ONE

                                                                          SYDNEY'S P.O.V

I’d landed on a boy. He had dark, curly hair, that was pulled back into a ponytail, and sparkling, dark brown eyes.

I’d thank Ashton for this encounter later.

I lifted myself up and pulled my ,now ruffeled, cover-up back down.

He opened his mouth. There was a pause and then he spoke:

“Hey!  YOU were the one who fell on ME!” the boy said as he pushed himself into an upright position.

 Nevermind. I change my mind.  I’m perfectly fine with us leaving today. I thought.

By the way the boy stood, she could tell  he thought he was of importance, it was almost as if he expected her to recognize him or know who he was.

Sydney: “ Well, maybe you should get a little something I call reflexes or do you think you’re too much of a pretty boy to actually obtain any at all?”

Sydney decided “ Barbie Boy” was the perfect nickname for this guy.

“ Oh! So now it’s MY fault?” He questioned, his voice filled with sarcasm.

“ You know what?—“

            Before I could finish Reynna and Joanne had stepped out of the room, both were dressed in sweatpants, a t-shirt, and  bewildered expressions. Most likely, they’d heard all the commotion and, out of curiosity, come to see what was going on.

Rey and Joanne’s eyes traveled from me to the boy adjacent. Joanne spoke as Reynna’s eyes lit up.

Why did she look soo…excited?

Joey: “ What Happened?”

I turned to face her as I explained. “ Ashton spilled water all over me and then took off down the hall, so I dropped my things here. [ I pointed towards the piled belongings by  the door]  Before I could chase her, I bumped into “ Barbie Boy” over here!” I gestured my arms in his direction.

A door opened and then shut firmly, I rotated back into the position I originally stood in. The curly haired boy had retreated back inside his room.

I turned back towards the girls, Joey rolled her eyes, “ Boys..” she said. 

Reynna was still silently smiling to herself.

I gathered my things and then retreated into the room like the boy had previously done. I dropped my bag, towel,  and  flip-flops on the bed.

Reynna shut the door.

Reynna:“Guys! Don’t you realize who that was?”

Me: “You KNOW him?”

Joey: “ I’m not sure. I mean he did look familiar.”

Reynna: “ That was Roc Royal from Mindless Behavior!”

Joey: “Oh my gosh! I thought I recognized him!”

Me: “ He was a complete jerk! Just when I was about to apologize, He blew up on me! Now I KNOW why he doesn’t have any manners..”

Someone was knocking at the door.

I walked towards the door. And looked through the peep hole. Ashton. I swung the door open and dragged her inside the room. She was laughing.

Ashton: “ I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Don’t hurt me Syd.”

Sydney “I’m not gonna hurt you Ash.”

Ashton: “ Oh.”

Her eyes traveled around the room to everyone’s faces.

Ashton: “ What’s going on?”

They ALL explain to her the situation.

Ashton: “ Wow. All this happened while I was running down the hall?”

Everyone smiled.

* End of Sydney’s Point of View*