Rest Stop

This is my first story on Wattpad. Please feel free to tell me what you think about my story. I would like to improve my writing. Sorry if this chapter is a little boring but hopefully by the time I'm finished with the next two chapters, I can change your mind.                  

                                                         CHAPTER ONE:

                                                            REST STOP

[Four girls are exiting a plane. They have just reached Miami, Florida, after visiting Sydney, Australia. One week was spent in Australia vacationing.]

            Joanne spoke as she struggled to reach her suitcase. “Hey Syd!, Will you help me get this bag down?”  Sydney turned toward the voice, answered with a “ Yea, sure.”, and approached the bag that seemed to be out of reach. This type of situation wasn’t very unusual for a girl like Joanne.

Joey stood at about 5’3’’ with long black hair that stopped around the edge of her shoulder blades. She was an Indian girl with dark brown eyes and was almost always caught singing one song or another.

For this reason, Sydney and Joanne had become friends. They were both in 6th grade chorus together, along with 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th.

Sydney was about 5’6’’ in height with brown hair that reached about one inch below her shoulders. She had hazel eyes and a caramel tone of skin, and like Joey, she liked to sing all the time.

Sydney lowered the bag from the suitcase compartment above their heads and laughed as she took notice of the envious look Joanne now gave her. “Man! You make it look so dang easy,” She said.

Two girls stood on the ground outside waiting for them to exit the plane.

One of the girls had caramel colored skin like Sydney’s with short, curly hair. She wiggled with aggravation on the ground. Her name was Reynna.

Reynna’s voice carried onto the plane as she spoke, “ Hurry up guys we’re tired!” Syd and Joey scurried quickly off the plane. Ashton (who was standing off to the side out of the way) was already on the phone speaking with a car rental company.

She spoke with a mature tone while her curly ponytail blew across her face. “ Yes that will be it. Yes m’am. Thank you. You too, okay buh bye.” Everyone looked at Ashton with inquisitive expressions.

Ashton: “ The car should be here in about 15 minutes.”

All four girls stood in silence, restless and drained from their long flight. Suddenly, a beige Nissan pulled up beside the girls. A boy of average heighth stepped out of the car. He wore khaki pants, dark brown boat shoes, a green polo, and an Automobiles inc. name tag that read Jayden.

He spoke in a soft but stern voice. “ Hello ladies,” he took a deep breath before continuing once more, “ would one of you four happen to go by the name of Ms. Jenkins?” Ashton took one step forward, raised her hand in mid-air, and opened her mouth to speak. “That would be me.”

Jayden: “Alrighty well your car is here.”

Ash smiled and thanked the boy before stepping into the driver’s seat. The other three girls follow her lead and hop inside of the beige vehicle. Once everybody’s bags have been placed inside the trunk and all four girls are all settled, they drive towards the nearest hotel for the night.