I watched him walk off towards Lachy's kitchen. Coming back a few moments later with a glass of water. I took it in my hands but I didn't really feel like drinking it. Not yet at least.

Jay: "Ok where would you normally be staying?"

Preston: "Here but I can go to a hotel or something?"

Jay: "I'm only asking because you look absolutely terrified. As if something is scaring you. Are you ok Preston?"

Preston: "I'm fine. i'm just not use to parties or events like this. I'm use to just staying at home and doing my own thing. I'm more worried along the lines of the fact that I have no idea what's going on."

Jay giggled a little at me before grabbing my hand and leading me up stairs. He took me into Lachlan's spare room. The one I had been housing in since I arrived.

Jay: "Don't worry I haven't done anything to you. I won't do anything to you. I'm just taking you away from the groups of people. Are you starting to feel better?"

Preston: "Why are you doing this?"

Jay: "How come on don't be afraid I won't touch or hurt you I promise. You are too beautiful for that."

I looked at him in stunned silence. Did he just say I looked beautiful? I looked down as I felt the heat rushing to my cheeks. I had never been told that before.

Jay: "Hey. I didn't mean that I'm sorry if your not into guys. I should have said something before hand. I didn't mean to scare you like that I'm sorry."

Preston: "It's fine. I've never been told that before."

I looked up at him and smiled lightly. He looked back at me stunned.

Jay: "How could you have never been told that before. Your stunning Preston. And I know it could be the accent talking but you are so beautiful to listen to. I know of your channel. Lachlan linked me and told me about you. If anything I'd say your my second favourite."

Preston: "Second favourite?"

Jay: "If I told Lachlan he wasn't my favourite he would kill me."

Preston: "Oh. That makes sense. Uh. Jay why did you take me aside then?"

I watched him slowly walk forward until he pulled me into a hug. His grip was loose yet welcoming. As if he had wanted to grab hold of me for a while. It was warm to say the least. It made me. Happy in a sense.

Jay: "Ai know we are at a party and its inevitable that we would be drinking, but if at all you start feeling uncomfortable or feel like your trapped. Just call out my name ok. And I'll take you away from here. I know it would be insensitive to take you to my place and use my spare bed. So I can take you to get some food first until I show you some cheap hotels around the area. Ok?"

Preston: "Can we go now please? I don't feel welcome here. Like I'm not supposed to be here and that worries me because I don't want Lachlan to think something is wrong. He has been hovering over me for the past two hours, worrying about me. It's his party. He should be worrying about himself. Not someone like me."

Jay: "Well then if you won't let him worry about you. Then let me worry about you ok? Have you eaten at all tonight?"

I shook my head slowly.

Jay: "You haven't eaten and you were going to just start drinking. You know that's a stupid decision. Why haven't you eaten?"

Preston: "I didn't think alright. I'm not hungry."

Jay: "Look Preston I worry about you now. You look really uncomfortable and I don't want to see you like this the whole night. I know we have just met but I would be like this for anyone. Regardless of who they were ok. Now do you want to come with me. We can get you something to eat and you can stay in my guest room if you need to?"

Preston: "I can't just leave. Lachlan would hate me."

Jay: "Stay here for a moment then."

I watched as Jay let go of me and exited the room. A few moments later he came back with Lachlan. Lachlan put his arms around me and I swear I heard his voice catch in his throat.

Lachlan: "Preston I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have made you stay here. I should have kept you safe somewhere or sent you to go out or something. If you want to go with Jay then at least your going with someone I trust the most. Your like my brother Preston. Your safety comes first."

I looked over to see Jay smiling at me. I was a little scared but I guess being with someone who would treat me like a fragile piece of glass is better then being near a large crowd of people that made me feel uncomfortable right?

Preston: "I don't feel safe here Lachlan."

Lachlan: "It's fine Preston. Remember that. Jay I am trusting you with him right now. I swear to god if I get a single message or a phone call or anything that tells me he has been hurt. Or you touched him. Or anything like that. I will beat your fucking head in. Got it?"

Jay: "I got it. Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to someone so beautiful."

I hated the fact that I was going with someone I barely knew. I hated the fact that I felt like I just made Lachlan's life hell. And I also hated the fact that I was so fucking scared. I hated it to the ends of the earth.

Preston: "I'm sorry Lachy."

Lachlan: "It's fine mate. Go with Jay. You have my number, my Skype, the house number everything. I will not hesitate to leave here in an instant if I hear you are hurt or you feel worse ok. If he does anything I will fucking kill him. I'm not leaving you on your own but I know you would eventually feel like shit here. And I want you to at least try to be comfortable. I trust him Preston. I trust him not to hurt you, and I trust him not to touch you. But please if anything happens. Spam the fuck out of my phone and I will be there in an instant. Alright?"

Preston: "Ok."

I watched as Lachlan leaned over and whispered in Jay's ear. He looked a little worried before he pulled Lachlan into a hug. Talking back to him. When Lachlan left jay held out his hand in front of him.

Jay: "Come on. I promise I won't let anything happen to you."

I grabbed his hand slowly. Hesitantly. I was so scared. But at the same time, maybe this is what I needed. Being with a stranger I met at a party. Nothing was going to happen but maybe I just needed to meet someone else.