Chocolate

*ring*

"Well I guess that's the end of this miserable, horrible day." Taekwoon said to himself.

"You're telling me Taekwoon... I know my first day of high school was rough, but yours? Now your day was really frustrating..." I said to him.

He took all his homework from his locker and shoved it in his bag. He didn't even bother trying to put them in neatly, just shoved them and zipped the bag up. Then he hung his bag over his shoulder and plugged his earbuds in, so he could blast his music.

"Why? Why me..." He muttered to himself. The poor teenager walked himself to his home, and dragged his feet along the way. When he reached his home his kicked his shoes off and kept on dragging his feet all the way, up to his room, upstairs. His father was trying to converse with him, but Taekwoon couldn't hear him nor did he want to. He seemed like he just wanted to blast his music, and think about his dreadful day.

"Taekwoon? Taekwoon? How was school?" No answer came from him, so his father assumed that Taekwoon wanted to be alone for now.

When Taekwoon was in his room, he threw his bag beside his desk and collapsed to the floor, crying silently and banging his fists.

"Why? How come it had to be this way? Why am I so different?" He kept asking himself.

I remember Youngbae telling me something about that when the person who I'm guarding, if they ever get really depressed, I can swoop down to them and then they'll be able to see me. I don't think he's majorly depressed right now, maybe this will all just pass and he'll maybe be fine. He'll probably make some friends tomorrow...

He sat cross-legged on the floor, still in his uniform. I couched down and sat beside him, trying to console him best I could. I rubbed my hand on his back and tried telling him it'd be okay, but he can't see me right now...

"Don't worry Taekwoon, tomorrow will be a better day. Today you probably just had a rough start and it'll get better from now on."

When he sort of stopped crying, he stood up and walked over to his closet, and changed out of his uniform and info some comfortable clothes. After, he hung his uniform on a hanger and hung that on the back of his door. He walked over to his desk and turned the desk lamp on, then began doing his homework. Once he finally finished, he put all his books and pencils back in his bag and walked over to his bed, and plopped down on it.

"What am I going to tell Appa? Today was supposed to be special, but I've ruined it somehow... I think I'll take a long walk to cool my thoughts and to get some fresh air."

He jumped up from his bed and made his way to the front of a mirror, debating whether he should change or just go out in his sweatpants and sweatshirt.

"Nah!!! I'll just go like this..."

Then he grabbed his phone and earbuds, and quickly ran down the stairs. His father was sitting on the couch, and was sleeping. Taekwoon's father usually works at night nowadays, so he's always very tired. His hand was on his forehead and his eyes shut tight.

"I'd better not wake Appa... I'll leave him a note."

Taekwoon grabbed a yellow sticky note and wrote;

Appa,
I'm just going for a walk. Don't worry about me. I'll be back in time for dinner.

-Taekwoon

And he stuck it directly on his father's forehead. What a silly boy...

He slid his shoes on his feet and quietly walked out of the house. Then he took his earbuds and phone, and started playing some music while he began walking on the sidewalk. When he was walking, his head kept on shifting from place to place, he didn't really take strolls like this... Then, out of nowhere, a small, dark brown puppy came and began barking. The puppy's barking wasn't because he didn't like Taekwoon, it was because the puppy was excited to see Taekwoon.

"Hey puppy! You lost?" He bent over and started petting the cute pup.

The small animal, was a bit dirty and looked very thin. He also had no collar, which gave Taekwoon an idea. He picked the puppy up and quickly walked back to his house, with a huge smile on his face.

Once he arrived at his home, he came in a practically woke his dad up by his excitement.

"APPA!!! I FOUND A PUPPY!"

"Wha? Wha? Taekwoon?" He said, half-asleep.

"Can we please keep him Appa? I'll take care of him, and pick up his droppings, and-"

"Hold on Taekwoon. We don't even know if the puppy has an owner!"

"Oh..." He sounded disappointed.

His father noticed that his emotions completely changed; he went from super happy, to extremely sad. Then his dad shook his head and smiled at the teenager.

"Tell you what son. Print up some lost dog posters around the neighbourhood and if no one claims that the puppy belongs to them, you can take him to the vet, get him checked out and probably keep him. How does that sound?"

"Great!! Will he be staying with us for now though?"

"Of course! Make sure you take care of him though..."

The teenage boy squealed and jumped up and down, still holding the puppy in his arms. Then he an over to his father and gave him a small hug. His face was so full of happiness and joy... This was good, considering the day he had today.

Taekwoon took the puppy and brought him to the washroom, to clean him up. He got the water running and also prepared a towel for the pup.

"Aww... Hmm? What is your name? You have no collar... Well, for now puppy, I'll call you Chocolate! Do you like that name?" The dirty puppy ran in a circle and barked with excitement. "Oh! You do like that name!!! Alright Chocolate, let's get you all cleaned up!"