I'm a what?

About 16 years ago...

"Hello, Kim Wonshik?" Someone calls my name.

"Wh-Where am I?" I looked around and didn't recognize where I was. I definitely was not in my room or at my university. So where the hell was I? "And how do you know my name?"

"So many questions... But that's normal. Anyways, my name is Youngbae, but you could call me Taeyang. I've known you for your whole life Wonshik. I'm your guardian angel."

"WHAT? GUARDIAN ANGEL? WHERE THE HELL AM I?" I backed away from him and tried looking for a place to escape. There wasn't any place though...

"When a soul is formed, along with its body, a guardian angel is called from heaven to watch over the person. In the womb, during life, at death and after death."

"A-After death? Am I-"

"As of yesterday evening, at 8:00pm, Kim Wonshik passed away. In other words, you have died Wonshik. You are deceased."

I sunk to the ground. I felt like crying or yelling or anything... But I couldn't do any of them now. I was just, speechless. "Dead? H-How can I be, dead?"

"You were walking across the road that evening, and suddenly tripped. A car was speeding, then ran you over. The paramedics came and tried their best to bring you back, but it was too late. Death came and brought your soul here."

"Death? Who or what is death? And where am I? You still haven't answered my question." All these questions that I had to ask. They needed to be answered, all of them.

"No one really knows Death or has fully seen him. Only the Big Boss knows who he is and what he really looks like. You are in my office, between Heaven and Hell. There is a reason for this though..."

"What? What now? I thought when you're dead you can do whatever you want when you get to Heaven, or you burn for an eternity in Hell."

"It depends on the soul. Some souls do that... There are other souls, who wander and are given tasks to fulfill back on Earth. Your soul is a wanderer soul. It means you are special and these types of souls are somewhat rare." The more we talk, the more I see his face. It has a beautiful structure and amazing features. His black hair is ever so lovely, but his smile is the best. His large angel wings on his back are closed, but look as if they could open anytime they wished.

"Does that mean I have to go back to Earth? To fulfill some, task?"

"Yes, but I'll explain everything when we get back to Earth. I will be with you for quite a while, but after a period of time, I must leave you. Come on now, let's fly back."

Fly? How am I supposed to fly? I don't have glorious wings like him. And I don't have an airplane to fly me there, that is the only other way I can think of flying.

"Check your bag Wonshik." He said to me.

I felt my back, and it had a bag on it. I took the bag off and opened it, looking inside for something useful. It was very spacious in there, and I could fit a lot of things in there. However, nonetheless, I think I found what he was talking about. A small-ish box that read 'soles, for a soul'. Something for my shoes??

"What do I do with these Taeyang?" I asked him.

*BOOP*

The soles of my shoes, magically changed to the soles I just received. There were so new and cool, but what's the difference?

"Uhhh.... Do you mind explaining why I need these?"

"Now that the 'soles, for a soul' are now part of your shoes, you can now levitate, hover and/or fly. Let's go to earth now. What do you say?" I almost hesitated to say no, but I had to see what he was going to explain. So I simply just nodded my head and took his hand, which he held out for me.

We jumped off a platform, into some kind of transporting-thing or whatever you'd call it. In minutes, we were back on Earth. There were people everywhere. Some were driving, walking or working. Taeyang and I were on the sidewalk, just standing there. The people who were walking, couldn't seem to see us, and they just ended up walking through us.

I'm really dead, damn.

"Taeyang-err... Is it alright is I call you Youngbae?"

"Sure, I don't see why not!" He smiled at me and began walking somewhere.

"Well, Youngbae where exactly are we going and what is my so called 'task'?"

"You'll see, soon enough."