Lunch (Canada and America)

Alfred was walking his twin brother Mattie home hockey practice. Why? Because he was a freakin' good brother, that's why! It was around noon on a Saturday; and damn, Matt was competitive when it came to hockey. And only when it came to that, it really seemed.

If anyone asked, Alfred would say that he was older, or at the very least that they were the same age. In reality, Matthew was the older one, but shh. Don't burst his bubble.

"So Matt," Alfred chirped cheerfully, draping an arm around his brother. They were opposites, but they still loved each other. "What are we doing?"

Matthew looked at him with a solemn, straight face -- his eyebrows were even scrunched up together in a little frown. "Wasting our lives."

"... I meant for lunch, bro."

"Oh." Matthew paused, before shrugging. Oh well. He could be dark, a little bit. But deep down that was one of his biggest fears. And sometimes he wished Al was more serious, or at least more considerate...

"When do we have to be back?" Al asked, seemingly not affected. Matthew sighed. Somethings never changed.

"In a few hours..."

"Great!" He grinned at him. "IHOP sound good to you?"

Now Matthew did smile. He could be proven wrong sometimes too; his brother really did care. "It sounds perfect, Al."

And they walked off and ate pancakes together.