Sunshine (Spamano)

**I can't for the life of me write happy stuff. I love this short little thing though: this is Antonio and Lovino's life.**

"You are my sunshine," Antonio says, beaming, as he twirls a reluctant Lovino around in an enthusiastic circle. The latter groans, but even he can't help but smile at his beautiful happy boyfriend's happiness.

......

"My only sunshine!" Toni snaps, slamming his fists on their kitchen table. The old nickname is desperate now. "Do you hear me?! I'd die before I'd cheat on you!"

Lovino blinks. He has no answer.

......

"You make me so happy, mi amor, even when skies are gray," Toni says, grasping Lovino's hands. He's smiling even though there are tears in his eyes. Happy, happy tears. "And I love you so much. You look beautiful in that wedding dress..."

"Whatever, idiot." Lovi mutters, blushing.

"...and I'm so proud to be at this altar with you."

......

"You'll never know, dear," Toni whispers in the middle of the night, his face in his sleeping husband's large, pregnant belly. The window is open, and there's a pleasant breeze. The baby moves. "...how much I love you..." He's speaking to both of them now.

.......

"...Please don't take my sunshine away."

Antonio drops the bouquet of flowers on the grass and with difficulty, because he's holding a baby, he kneels down. Tears run down his face. "Forgive me, my darling sunshine.." he whispers, and even then his voice cracks.

The grave is freshly dug.