Girl (Russia/Fem!America)

**Warnings: Brief mentions of EDs and past suicide attempt... Also: Braginsky' is spelled with the -y; 'Braginski' with an -i, as a lot of people spell it and how I used to spell it, is actually how it would be spelled if it was Polish.**

Ivan Braginsky watches Amelia through his eyelashes, as she makes the two of them a pot of coffee. The apartment is cramped, with small windows and homemade rugs. But he supposes it's home. The two of them had stuck together after they got out of the hospital: her the spunky blonde girl with too-thin wrists, and him the solemn boy with a scarf to hide the thick scar around his neck.

"Black, or milk this time?" she asks over her shoulder.

"Black." Ivan says.

They're all right now. Amelia eats bites, a sandwich everyday at lunch. Ivan makes sure of that. She hasn't gained it all back, but she isn't in danger anymore, thank god. And him? He stays in this tiny apartment for hours, for days at a time, looking out the windows and drinking black coffee. He gets sad, like he did before, but he doesn't take to the knife again. He can't leave her alone to fall back to the way she was before.

Amelia hands him the coffee brightly. She's chattering away; it's almost Christmas, and he lets her. He can do nothing but watch her and sip his coffee. He is so grateful for this girl, the definition of life, to be with him. And Ivan knows he doesn't deserve it.