Party by myself (OzZea)

** a reminder: NZ = (androgynous, nonbinary, they/them) Kaelin; OZ = Logan **

Prompt: Person A of your otp is dragged to a party they really don't want to go to, and then promptly abandoned there. Person B comes up to them and they get comfortable with each other and then start talking. Eventually Person B starts smirking when Person A's friend comes back to get them and introduces Person B as the host of the party... Which is really awkward because Person A has just been ranting for ten minutes about how they basically hate this party.

Kaelin, you could say, was really antisocial. And no, it wasn't some emo teenager thing (for one thing, they weren't a teenager). They just didn't like to deal with people. Being alone was better.

For some reason that Kae could not fathom, their cousin Arthur Kirkland did not feel the same way.

"You really need to get out of the house more, Kaitlin."

"Kaelin." Their expression darkened, arms crossed. Arthur rose an eyebrow.

"Sorry, love. But you really should." Arthur straightened his shirt. "It'll do you good. You should hang out with more people than just me."

Despite Arthur's uptight attitude, and the fact that he didn't always get Kaelin's pronouns right, he was their favorite cousin. The two of them tended to hang out, because Arthur's brothers were too much, and Kaelin knew no one else.

"Who knows." Arthur opened up Kae's closet and started looking through their clothes, for something good for them to wear. "Maybe you'll meet someone there."

Kaelin's eyes widened. Oh hell no. "Look, Art, I'm happy by myself like this." They said. "I don't want to date anyone. Period."

"Or not, then." Arthur huffed and pulled out a 21 pilots t-shirt.

"Just come because I care about you and I think it would do you some good

"Just come because I care about you and I think it would do you some good." He got out a pair of jeans too.

Kaelin sighed. "Fine. But not because I want to or anything."

As they headed into the bathroom to change, Arthur rolled his eyes. "Of course not..."

Kaelin didn't know who's party it was. Probably some lame friend of one of Arthur's brothers. They didn't ask, and Arthur didn't say. The walk was short and soon the two of them were there.

Arthur just opened the door right up. Kaelin raised an eyebrow. "Shouldn't we knock first?"

He shook his head. "Trust me, it's fine."

The party was loud. Kae could tell that immediately. Loud things were not their thing either, and they sort of had anxiety. But Arthur didn't know about this.