Chapter 21

"Isabelle?" Reid asked opening the door. She sat Indian style on the couch as looked at him with wide questioning eyes.
"Yes?" She asked.
"I'm going to the store to pick up some food. Do you maybe want something?" He asked crossing his arms and instinctively tilting his head. She gave him a forced smile and shrugged.
"I'm good." She said.
"Okay well I'll be back. If you need anything Penelope is just a few rooms away." He said inspecting her emotions. She stared at him for a few seconds then finally said "Spencer?"
He snapped out of it and looked at her.
"Stop profiling me." She said smiling. He gave a chuckle and turned to walk out the door. "Sorry. It's hard to turn off sometimes." Before shutting the door he gave her a comforting smile and she waved. He went to the elevators and went to floor 1. He walked out and to his car. He drove to a cheap grocery store and picked up simple stuff. Yogurt, milk, cereal, canned foods, and ice cream. He bought all the stuff and walked back to his car. He saw a man leaning up against the trunk. Reid moved his hand to his gun around his waist. He heard foot steps from behind him so he turned around a saw another man coming towards him with a pocket knife flipped open by his side. Reid dropped the food and pulled out his gun aiming it on the man with the knife. He stopped in his tracks and laughed. Reid stepped to the side so that he could see both of them.
"Drop your weapon. Put your hands up and get on the ground." The man with the knife slowly put it on the ground and kicked it away. They both got on their knees and then looked at each other.

Reid was hit in the back of the head with something hard. He fell down and gripped the ground for security. He blinked a few times realizing everything was blurry and spinning. He looked at his gun a few feet away from him and thought about grabbing it. Before he could act his gun was kicked away from his sight. Reid looked up at the man who kicked it away. He couldn't really make out a face. It was blurry like the rest of the world.
"Get him tied up and in the back." Reid wanted to do something but his head was pounding. He was so dizzy that he finally just laid down on the concrete. He meant to close his eyes for only a second but when he opened them again he was in a dark room tied to a chair.

A knock on the door awoke Isabelle from her nap. She looked up to see Penelope.
"Penelope?" She asked sleepily.
"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know you were sleeping. I was just wondering if Reid has come back yet?" She asked putting her hands together. Isabelle wiped her face with her hand and then shook her head.
"No. What time is it?" She asked picking up her phone.
"Oh it's uh 4:00." Garcia replied. Isabelle stood up in a hurry.
"4:00? What?" She dialed Reid's number and it went straight to voicemail. "It doesn't take 3 hours to go to the store." She said slipping her jeans on over her spandex. Penelope's eyes widen and she rushed back to her office with Isabelle following behind her. She sat down in her chair and dialed Hotch's number.
"Hello?" He answered.
"Sir, I think Reid's in trouble." She said frantically.
"We're on our way." He said sternly hanging up the phone. "JJ call Morgan and Prentiss. Tell them to meet us at the office and it's urgent."
"Yes sir." JJ said calling Morgan.
"What's up JJ?" Morgan asked answering the phone. Prentiss and him were already on the way to their car.
"We need you and Prentiss to meet us back at the department. It's urgent." She said ducking her head to get into the car.
"On our way." Morgan said hanging up the phone and picking up the pace.

Reid could still feel the pain in the back of his head but he's had worse. He heard talking and the creaking of stairs get closer. The sound of a door opening silenced everything else.