Chapter 12

"Spencer!" Isabelle called from the bathroom. He walked into the doorway and stopped.
"Don't think I'm coming in there with you after what you did last time." He said smiling. She laughed.
"Yeah, yeah. I was just wondering if you had any movies that we could watch." She said putting her tooth brush away.
"Ooo yeah! Do you speak French?" He said getting excited.
"A little bit but you might have to fill me in on some words." She said. He nodded and went to put in the movie. She went in his room to change into more comfortable clothes and then went to raid his pantry.
"Spencer, where's your popcorn?" She asked. He walked into the kitchen and opened a cupboard above her head.
"Right here." He said grabbing a package and throwing it into the microwave. After it was finished he opened the popcorn and threw it into a bowl.
"Did you know," he said walking into the living room where she was sitting, "that Americans eat around 17 billion quarts of popcorn every year?"
"Gross." She said grabbing a handful. He sat down and pressed play.
"You see, that guy is attempting to get his son back from those guys." He whispered.
"Mm." She said nodding.
"But those guys right there want to keep him because they think he would make a good fighter."
"mhm, I can see that," She said taking another piece of popcorn but not taking her eyes off the screen. She turned to look at him for a second and he was already looking at her. Then he turned his attention back to the movie.
"I mean, I can see why they'd think that. I don't think that." She said smiling and looking back to the tv. He smiled and they watched more of the movie.
"What did he just say? It looked intense." She said.
"Je ne pourrai pas jamais arrêter de se battre pour lui, it means 'I will never stop fighting for him.'" He said.
"That's beautiful," She said smiling. The movie ended and she brought the bowl that was filled with popcorn to the sink. They spent the whole day watching movies, playing board games, and talking. To both of them, it was the perfect way to spend a day. She went to his bed and he followed in after her.
"Do you still want me here?" He asked.
"Yeah. If you want to be here." She replied. He turned off the light and got into the bed.
"You don't know any French do you?" He asked already knowing the answer. She laughed.
"Not a word, but I liked watching the acting portion of it." She closed her eyes and he chuckled. He watched her just lay there and breath momentarily before kissing her head and falling asleep himself.