Chapter 12

Daniel

"And the best male artist is, Diggy Simmons!!" Taraji yelled. I stood up and kissed my girl cheek. I walked up to the stage and hugged taraji.

"Congratulations boy." Taraji said standing back. I chuckled as I walked up to the stage as the music died down , so did everyone else.

"Wow" i spoke. "Two in one day." I said. Everyone chuckled.

"I would like to thank my fans and family for supporting me, especially my friends, my girlfriend Terra. Thank you!" I shouted.

People stood up and cheered as I got off the stage.

Terra walked up me and kissed my cheek. "Im so proud of you babe!" She squealed.

"I made it." I said.

2 years ago when my son was missing, Miya and I started to fall apart. She wasn't herself. She blamed me for everything, college, her life, and a missing child.

I just got up and left. She didn't bother to chase after me.

Soon my songs was at the top of the charts and zendaya was my partner in crime.

Sometimes I still think about my son and if he's alive or not. I wish I could see my son.

I shed a tear realizing that it's his birthday today. The day I held my son and the last.

Terra looked at me and wiped my tears. "It's okay baby. You will find him one day." She said knowing what I'm thinking about.

I kissed her cheek and sat down as the awards continued on.

Miya

"Let's bow our heads" my father said. Everyone bowed and he began to pray. "Dear lord please give us strength of our memory of my grandson. Lord give us a sign that he's still alive. We need him lord. We just want to see him again. In Jesus name we pray. Amen!" My father said shedding tears.

I looked at my mother to see her crying. Its been two years since I saw my baby.

I broke up with Daniel because I thought its was all his fault but now I realized it wasn't and he moved on now with Terra.

I talked to Daniel yesterday to start the search party again. We have the best detectives to find my baby. I know he's out there somewhere.

Cadence

"Happy birthday!!" Everyone yelled as he blew out the candles.

He smiled and grabbed a blob of cake and stuffed it in his mouth. "Caden" i giggled as i wiped the icing off his face.

Yea I renamed Dj to Caden Kamari Carter. I told my family when I moved back to California, I adopted this homeless baby and she believed it. My family loves him dearly and he's not going anywhere.

A year ago I tied the knot with this fine man named August. He's loves Caden (Dj) and Caden loves him.

"Mommy! Can I play now?" He asked. Gosh he sound and act like daniel. "Sure you can son. Go ahead." August said rubbed his head. Caden smiled and ran to the chuckee dude.

"He's growing up so fast!" My mom said. "Not on me!" August said. We laughed.

I wonder how Daniel doing?

Daniel

I hopped out of the car with a teddy bear and flowers. I hope this will cheer Miya up.

"Terra you coming?" I said. She shook her head as she was on the phone. "Ight give me five minutes" i said walking up to Miya's doorstep.

I know its late at night but I had to make sure Miya's okay.