"And I know exactly what's going on here, okay. Punishment, isn't it? Ongoing, for something that was clearly an accident," He defended himself pointing a finger at them, though Kirk had no idea what he was talking about.

"You are Montgomery Scott," Spock Prime declared abruptly.

"You know him?" Jim asked turning to him.

"Aye, that's me," Scott admitted readily, "You're in the right place. Unless there's another hard-working, equally starved Starfleet officer around," He said gesturing to himself.

"Me," The small alien on his side spoke up.

"Keenser! Get aff! Shut up!" Scott said turning to him, "You don't eat anythin. You eat like a bean, and you're done," He told him holding up his hand to indicate the size.

"I'm talking about food. Real food. But, you're here now, so thank you. Where is it?" Scott said turning back to Jim and Spock Prime while standing up.

"You are, in fact, the Mister Scott who postulated the theory of transwarp beaming?" Spock Prime said without mentioning anything about food as he and Jim turned to watch as Scott sat down in a different chair.

The engineer eyed the Vulcan warily, "That's what I'm talking about. How'd you think I wound up here?" Scott asked them gesturing around the outpost, "I had a little debate with my instructor on the issue of relativistic physics and how it pertains to subspace travel. He seemed to think that the range of transporting something like a, like a grapefruit, was limited to about a hundred miles. I told him that I could not only beam a grapefruit from one planet to the adjacent planet in the same system, which is easy by the way, I could do it with a life form. So, I tested it on Admiral Archer's prized beagle," Scott told them taking a cup and toasting the air before taking a sip.

"I know that dog. What happened to it?" Jim asked him his brows furrowing.

"I'll tell you when it reappears. I don't know. I do feel guilty about that," Scott replied looking away and grimacing a bit.

"What if I told you that your transwarp theory was correct? That it is indeed possible to beam onto a ship that is travelling at warp speed?" Spock Prime said to him moving closer.

"I think if that equation had been discovered, I'd have heard about it," Scott replied shrugging.

"The reason you haven't heard about it, Mister Scott, is because you haven't discovered it yet," Spock Prime explained to him.

"I'm a, uh, what... Are you from the future?" Scott asked in disbelief looking at the Vulcan and then Jim.

"Yeah. He is," Jim replied gesturing to Spock,"I'm not."

"Well that's brilliant. Do they still have sandwiches there?" Scott asked curiously, though it mostly had to do with the fact he hadn't had a sandwich in quite a while.

"Well, she's a wee bit dodgy. Shield emitters are totally banjaxed as well as a few other things," Scott told them stopping in front of an outpost shuttle, "In you go. So, the Enterprise has had its maiden voyage, has it?" Scott asked Jim, "She is one well-endowed lady. I'd like to get my hands on her ample nacelles, if you'll pardon the engineering parlance," Scott told him looking down at Keenser who followed him inside the shuttle after Jim.

Once inside the shuttle, Scoot walked over and sat down beside Spock Prime, "Except, the thing is, even if I believed you, right, where you're from, what I've done, I don't, by the way," He clarified.

"You're still talking about beaming aboard the Enterprise while she's traveling faster-than-light, without a proper receiving pattern," Scott said to him getting back up and walking to Jim, "Get off there! It's not a climbing frame," He said to Keenser seeing him sitting on a bar before continuing to talk to Spock Prime, "The notion of transwarp beaming is like, trying to hit a bullet with a smaller bullet whilst wearing a blindfold, riding a horse," He informed him leaning over Spock Primes shoulder to see what he was doing, "What's that?" He asked him.