The white beast is almost on him but before it can attack the ice breaks as something jumps up from underneath it. Jim falls to the ground and rolls on his back as the red creature, looking similar to a giant bug chews the animal that was chasing him before tossing it away and turning to Jim.

He stands up just as the giant bug like beast roars in his face showing its mouth filled with sharp teeth. Jim turns away from it and runs away with the larger creature now chasing him he turns to look, not noticing the cliff in front of him he falls and rolls to the bottom.

The creature stops at the top and roars at Jim but the weight of it proves too much for the icey cliff and it collapses bringing the creature down with it and after Jim who finally stops rolling.

He looks up as the beast falls right in front of him and they both stand up while Jim takes off running inside a cave that the red creature chases him into.

Something attacks his leg and drags him down that looks like a long thin tongue. Jim attempts to make the tongue let go of him but isn't having any luck.

To his left he sees a faint glow and then a man is there with a torch waving the flames in the creatures face causing it to back away and leave the cave.

Jim looks at the stranger in disbelief that he'd been saved, he'd thought for sure he was going to be eaten by that monster. He could see beneath his rescuers spacious coat that he was a Vulcan... A very old Vulcan, but unmistakably a member of that now nearly extinct race.

His rescuer continued to stare at him but he finally spoke, "James T. Kirk," He said with uncertainty in his voice as he squinted at the exhausted man.

"Excuse me?" Jim replied not sure how the stranger knew his name.

"How did you find me?" The man asked him with confusion laced in his voice.

"How do you know my name?" Jim asked him standing up to face him.

"I have been, and always shall be, your friend," The Vulcan replied.

Jim just laughed, this guy must be senile, he thought to himself, "Wha... oh, look... uh, I don't know you."

"I am Spock," The man replied.

Yup, definitely senile..."Bullshit," Jim replied looking him up and down.

Sometime later, Jim and...Older Spock as Jim had dubbed him (If he really was Spock) were sitting across from each other, a fire between them.

"It is remarkably pleasing to see you again, old friend. Especially after the events of today," Older Spock told him as he tended to the fire.

Jim nodded before standing up, "Uh, sir I appreciate what you did for me today, but, but if you were Spock you would know we're not friends at all. You hate me, you marooned me here for mutiny."

"Mutiny?" Older Spock replied surprised.

"Yes," Jim replied sighing.

"You are not the Captain?" Older Spock asked him in confusion.

"No, no. Umm... you're the Captain. Pike was taken hostage," Jim replied sadly looking away.

"By Nero," Older Spock mumbled looking away, "How is Farrah taking it?" Spock asked him.

Jim decided to ignore that he asked about Farrah, he was more interested on information about Nero, "What do you know about him?" He asked.

"He is a particularly troubled Romulan," Spock replied nodding to himself and standing up and walking over to Jim, "Please, allow me. It will be easier," He said to Jim holding out his hand.