Once I realized I've been in here for a little too long, I shut off the water and stepped out. That's what happens when I let my mind wonder, I completely lose track of time.

After getting dried and dressed, I look at my phone to see the time was 10:10. Wow, I took a lot longer than expected. When I looked at my phone it wasn't the only thing I noticed, I had gotten 5 happy birthday texts from my friends. One of them from Justin, Jack, Gabe, Jesse, and Matty. How did a fatass like me get friends you ask? I have no idea, but I was extremely grateful for them. They were always there for me no matter what. They even threw a mini goodbye party 3 days ago for me. It was fun and a great chance to hang out with all of them before I left. I was gonna miss them so much, I don't even know how I'm going to cope.

After I texted 4 out of the 5 of them a thank you, then I dialed Jesse's number. He was the closest to me out of the 5. He was also the only one who knew about my uncle abusing me. The others know I live with him because of my parents, but they don't know he's abusive. After the 3rd ring, he answered.

"Hey Kell! What's up?" He replied cheerfully into the phone. He was always cheerful and happy. It was just in his ginger blood I guess.

"Nothing much, my plane leaves at 11:30. I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out one last time before I go.." I said trailing off. I thought for a second, why would he want to hang out with me? I didn't even make plans until the last minute. My thoughts were put to rest as he spoke again.

"That sounds great, actually I was getting ready to call you myself and ask you the same thing." He replied back. I don't know why I think the way I do. We've been best friends ever since preschool, but still my mind wants to believe that he secretly hates me, which obviously he doesn't.

"Great minds think alike huh?" I heard him chuckle into the phone, while I let out a half grunt, half laugh type noise.

"Anyways, you can come pick me up now if you want. But, if you're picking me up later, it has to be before 10:45. I don't want to be late for my plane." I stated. Knowing him, he'll probably get a shower first because this is about the time where the usually gets up. I was proved right when he talked into the phone again

"Alright, cool. Just let me get a shower real quick and I'll be down by 10:30. Do you need a ride to the airport?" This is what I loved about him. He was so giving and nice. He knows that I don't have a car and that my uncle would probably make me walk. I'm so lucky to have him as a friend.

"Can you.. Please..?" I ask sheepishly. I hear him chuckle into the phone before giving me my answer.

"Its fine Kells, you know I don't care. Just be ready by the time I get there and we'll go get some Starbucks alright?" He stated more than questioned. I signed in content, happy that I have a friend like him.

"Thanks Jess, you're the best. Now hurry up and get your ass here, I want my coffee!" I yelled lightly into the phone.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll see in you in 15!" And with that, he hangs up. Leaving me to gather the last of my things that I haven't packed in my suitcase.

After I said goodbye to my Uncle, which really wasn't a goodbye for him, but more of an opportunity to insult me once more, I was in Jesse's car on the way to Starbucks.

As time went on, the closer I was to flying half way across the country to place I've never been too, where I know no one. Let's just say I'm slightly terrified. It said in the packet I got that there will be someone to pick me up from the airport, all I had to do was look for the big sign that said 'Clairemont Boarding School.' I guess there were kids coming in from all around the world, I wonder how big of a deal this school was. I wonder why my Uncle even bothered sending me to a boarding school. Honestly, I thought he would just kick me out instead to live on the street, but maybe he cares about me just a little bit.. Who am I kidding, he fucking hates me.