Chapter 1

hello this is my first fan fiction, like ever. i really don't know how well this is going go tbh i just hope it's not too bad. please feel free to vote, and comment what you think of the story, and what would make it better i need all the help i can get. thanks so much for checking this out, it means the world to me. okay happy reading and ily

[Kellin's POV]

Great. Just great. Today was my 16th birthday, you think I would be happy, right? No. Well, that's kind of a lie. I'm not sad, but I'm not thrilled either. Today was also the day I get kicked out of the house that I grew up in all my life. On the bright side it's not like I was completely on my own, instead of continuing school in my small town in Michigan, I would be going to a boarding school in sunny San Diego. And, I would finally be getting away from my abusive Uncle who was sending me away.

You see, my parent's life was cut short due to a car crash when I was 11. That left me with no choice but to go with my abusive, alcoholic Uncle Bostwick, or my god father. He moved in here with me. He used to be a nice man, really, he did. In the beginning he was nice and supportive, but it was when my Aunt died did he become the way he is now. She lived with us too. She became like a second mom to me. She died when I was 13, due to congestive heart failure. She was a great woman and I miss her a lot, almost as much as I miss my own parents. But now is not the time for one of my self-pity parties considering my piece of shit Uncle is banging at my door.

"Kellin, unlock this fucking door before I take it off the hinges!"

I learned to lock it so he can't get in, I'm surprised he hasn't taken the lock off of it or something, he absolutely hates it when I lock it. Which may or may not be the reason I lock it all the time. I know what you're thinking, why would I try and provoke him to hit me even more? Simple, because I deserve it.

I got up and out of my bed to open my door so my uncle would shut up. As soon as I opened the door, my face was met with his fist. As the two collided my face swung to the side and I stumbled back a little bit. He began to speak and I tried to ignore the horrible pain I felt in my jaw.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you to keep that fucking door unlocked. Get up and get ready, you have to be at the airport by 11:30, and seeing it might take you a little longer since I'm not driving your ass down there. And if you miss your plane, then good luck finding somewhere to stay, because you're not staying here with me anymore." He smirked evilly. He seemed to be satisfied with himself, because he turned around and walked back downstairs. And with that, I shut my door, not wanting to see any part of that pathetic excuse for a human being anymore.

I should've known he would do something like this. It would be like a 25 minute walk there, not including my three bags of luggage I would have to drag along with me. It was about 9:45 now, which meant I still had time to get a shower. I would eat but a fatass like me doesn't need any more than an apple a day. You know how that saying goes, right? 'An apple a day keeps the fat away.' I sighed to myself and collected my clothes for my shower. I picked out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a gray anthem made hoodie and a beanie to match the color. Once done, I laid them on my bed and started to undress.

I walked into my bathroom - that was connected to my room - and grabbed my towel off the back of the door, and turned on the water.

I stepped in, letting the warm water relax my muscles and letting my mind wonder.

I wonder what the school would be like. Would I get a roommate? What would they be like? When do we even start school there? Schools out over here. It ended like a week ago, considering its April, but I was told my school lets out earlier than most schools. It made sense, considering we only had a four day weekend for Spring Break and major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. Yeah, they make us come back to school two days after Christmas and, then go on another 4 day break for New Year's again. It was completely pointless and retarded. Whatever, my old school is all behind me now though, now I'm attending this boarding school.