Chapter 33

Juliana's P.O.V.

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was a very muscular arm draped over me. It wasn't Niall's. I opened my eyes to see Liam laying next to me. What the hell? Then I remembered how he had basically put me to sleep the night before. He was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him, so I just laid there. "Do you think she'll talk to me today?" I heard Niall ask. He was in the lounge with the other boys.

"I'm sure she will. Just give her some time. She was pretty upset last night." Zayn replied.

"I wish I could've helped her. Instead, Liam gets to fucking hold her." Niall spat.

"You know he only did it for her sake." Louis added.

"That doesn't mean I'm okay with it." He mumbled. I needed to talk to him. I tapped Liam's arm and his eyes fluttered open. It took him a couple seconds to register who was sleeping next to him, but once he did he smiled.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sweetly.

"A lot better than I did last night." I smiled. "Thank you for, well, everything. I'm sorry you had to see that. Niall's the only person that's supposed to." My smile vanished and I looked away.

"I was really worried. You scared the shit out of Harry. He hated seeing you like that."

"I know. I should probably talk to him. I need to speak to Niall first, though."

"Do you want to right now?" I nodded and he rolled off the bunk, making a thud as he hit the ground. "Ow." He laughed. I hadn't really spent that much time with Liam since I came on tour with the boys. He was so cute. I mentally slapped myself for thinking that about him, and crawled out of bed. I was still wearing my clothes from the night before.

"Can I change first?"

"Yeah. I'll be out there." He smiled.

"Thank you, again." I blushed.

"Anytime." He waved then slid the door shut as he left. I grabbed a pair of black leggings and a pink t shirt. After I changed, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Is she okay?" I heard Niall ask.

"Yeah. I think she just needed some sleep." Liam said. "Sorry for stealing her from you last night. She was really shaken up and I didn't think you'd be the best person for her to see." He was right. I would've felt guilty the entire time Niall was with me.

"Why was she so upset?" Niall asked.

"You." Harry said.

"Really?" I heard Niall say, a little excited. "I mean, I hated seeing her like that, but she was upset about me?" He was such an ass sometimes.

"Yes Niall." Harry muttered. I could see him rolling his eyes as he spoke. I decided to make my debut for the day and slid the door open.

"Hi." I squeaked.

"Hi." 3 out of 5 boys replied. Liam and Niall remained silent. I sat down next to Zayn on the sofa.

"How did you sleep?" Harry asked.

"Great. Thanks." I grinned. I saw Niall tense up and I smirked. This could be fun. "Liam's a nice snuggle buddy." I glanced at Niall and he was trying not to burst. His short temper was fun to tease sometimes. "But not as good as Niall." I said under my breath. Zayn heard me and nudged my shoulder, laughing.

"He's getting pissed." He whispered.

"That's my plan." I smiled. I pulled out my phone to text Harry.

"When should I talk to him?" I sent the message and waited for Harry to receive it. His phone buzzed and he smiled when he looked at it.

My phone chimed and I opened his message. "Now."

"Are you two keeping secrets?" Louis said suddenly. Harry and I laughed and shook our heads. I stood up and grabbed Niall's hand, making him jump. I quickly pulled him into the bunk room and shut the door.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Talking to you." I sat down on the floor and brought my knees to my chest. "Sit down." He obeyed and sat down next to me. "I'm sorry for being a dumb fuck." I mumbled. "I was too stupid to realize that I need you. I need you just as much as you need me. I know I was an ass and you probably hate me, but I just want you to know that you are my everything. I realized that I really cannot function without you. You saw how messed up I was last night. I thought you hated me." A tear rolled down my cheek and Niall brushed it away with his thumb.

"I could never hate you." He brought his hand down to my chin and tilted my head up. "I need to know, why did you do it?" I looked at him and his expression broke my heart. He was hurt.

"I was scared." I admitted. "I didn't want you to get too close to me then leave. So I left before the relationship got serious. I hate myself so much." I really tried not to cry, but that one damn tear escaped again.

"I don't hate you and you shouldn't hate yourself. I still think you're the most beautiful girl on this earth." I smiled and he continued. "I don't want you to be afraid of me leaving. I don't plan to leave you for a while." He joked. "A really long time, actually. I'm not promising that we're going to get married and all of that, but I do know that I don't want to leave anytime soon. We're too alike to be with other people. You told me that you push people away and that's something I'll have to accept. If that means I need to reassure you how much I like you every day until I die, so be it. You make me so happy. Why can't you see that?" His hand dropped and he put it in his lap.

"Because I have never had someone care about me." I said quietly. "I don't know how to react."

"Well, you don't usually break up with them." He laughed. "You're usually nice to them and will do anything for them. And you kiss them." He leaned over and gently set his lips on mine. God I missed those lips last night. I grabbed his face and pulled him closer, his body moving in front of mine. He knelt in front of me, his hands on either side of my waist. It was like a magnet. Our lips somehow managed to connect every time we were near each other. Once he kissed me, I couldn't stop. I knew it was wrong for the situation we were in, but I didn't care. In that moment, all I cared about was Niall. He put his arms around my back and pulled me closer to him. I prayed he didn't give me a hickey. I still had a couple from previous nights. "I'm sorry. This is wrong." He pulled away and I frowned.

"I know this is probably not the best thing to discuss right now, but what are we going to do about Ireland?" I asked sheepishly.

"Shit." He ran his hand through his hair. "Do you still want to go?"

"Do you want me there?"

"Of course I want you there."

"Can we go as friends?" I suggested. His mouth opened but no sound came out. "I don't think it's best to get back together 12 hours after we broke up."

"Uh, yeah. Sure." He stood up and wiped his eyes. "So we're friends?"

"Yeah. Friends." I stood up and hugged him. "I'm sorry for being a dick."

"I'm sorry for making you feel awful."

"I made myself feel awful." I laughed. We broke apart and he put his hands in his pockets.

"I was really worried last night. I've never seen you get that bad."

"Poor Harry started crying." I remembered his tears hitting my head and I gulped. "He's next on the list of people to talk to."

"Did you like sleeping with Liam?" Niall asked nervously.

"Yeah...." He sucked in a breath. "But not as much as I like sleeping with you. Now that we're friends we can't sleep in the same bed."

"We can sleep in the same room though."

"The temptation to suck your dick would be too hard to fight." I laughed.

"What can I say, it's a chick magnet." He grinned.

I slapped his arm and giggled. "You're disgusting."

"Hey you brought it up!" He put his hands up in surrender. I was glad we could speak again. I figured being friends then slowly building a decent relationship was the best thing to do.

"I can't wait until I can do it again." I smirked. I slapped his ass before walking back into the lounge.

"So, is the happy couple back together?" Louis asked immediately.

"No, but we're still best friends forever." I said, sitting down in my previous spot on the sofa. Niall walked out with a grin plastered on his face.

"Jesus Christ you two. Did you make out or something?" Zayn joked. Niall and I remained silent and Harry snorted.

"I don't know how you're going to stay 'just friends' for more than a day. It's impossible."

He was right. One of us would cave and we'd end up in bed together. "We aren't gonna sleep in the same room dipshit." I said.

"Okay, then whose room are you sleeping in?" Liam asked.

"I guess we didn't think this through." Niall sighed.

"Okay, I'll decide the arrangement of rooms tonight. We all know that after their trip to Ireland they'll basically be a married couple, so let's only worry about tonight." Louis clapped his hands together. "Liam and I will room together -sorry Harry- and Zayn and Niall will. Harry, you get the girl. That way there's no suspicion of one of us fucking her or something."

"Louis." Niall warned.

"Only joking, only joking. Well, about us fucking her. Harry is your new roommate so have fun." He smiled. Harry did a dorky dance and grinned.

"We're going to have so much fun tonight." He wiggled his eyebrows and I giggled.

"Don't touch her." Niall said flatly.

"Niall, I'm gay. You don't have anything to worry about."

"I never know with you...." He muttered.

"Besides, you're just friends. I can feel her up if I want to and it can't be considered cheating."

Louis coughed and Harry's eyes widened. "You have a boyfriend you twat." Louis snapped.

"Aw damn. There go my plans." Harry snapped his fingers and smiled.

After 30 minutes of miscellaneous conversations, we arrived at the venue. We were in Chicago, the last show before their little break. After that they only had four more shows until the American leg of the tour was over. We loaded off the bus and were rushed inside to avoid any swarms of fans. After we got settled in the dressing room, Niall wrapped his arms around my waist and carried me into the hallway. "What the fuck are you doing?" I giggled.

"Taking you on a very friendly date." He said excitedly.

"Nialllllll no dates!"

"No, this one is friendly!" He kissed the back of my head, sending chills down my body. I couldn't kiss him anymore. Unless it was just a friendly kiss, right?

"Where are you taking me?" I whined. He dropped me backstage and walked over to a golf cart.

"Since you can't ride me, I decided we could ride a golf cart instead." He joked.

"That was your worst joke yet."

"Get over here." I walked to the golf cart and sat down in the passenger seat.

"Take me away, Romeo." I said flatly.

"I don't think Romeo had golf carts in his time." Niall said sarcastically.

"Okay, take me away modern-day Romeo." With that he hit the gas and we lurched forward, causing my body to nearly fly off the seat. "Jesus, are you trying to kill me?"

"I didn't think you'd find out!" He cried. He took us down a narrow hallway until we were out in the public area of the arena.

"Are we even allowed out here?" At this point I couldn't help but smile.

"Nope. But that's what makes it fun." He made a sharp turn and a voice bellowed out behind us.

"What is going on?" A very large and angry man started running after us. Niall and I could barely breathe we were laughing so hard. Three more men began to chase us as we sped throughout the arena.

"This is one of our best dates yet." I laughed.

"I agree." He made a sudden turn and I grabbed onto him so I wouldn't fly out of the vehicle. "Sorry!"

"Stop them!" A group of five guards plus Preston were running after us, nowhere near the cart. Niall turned down a hallway and took us backstage. After he parked the cart he grabbed my hand and yanked me from the seat.

"Run!" We ran from the men, barely breathing from laughing so much. We reached a dead end and Paul and Preston had us cornered.

"You guys are like children! You could've been hurt!" Preston bellowed. Niall's expression changed from amused to serious.

"We were just having a little fun." He muttered.

"You could've hurt someone else!" Paul said angrily. Niall shot a glance at me before pulling me past the two men and taking off down the hall. "Dammit Niall!"

"We do this all the time." Niall said. We ducked into a tiny bathroom and shut the door behind us. "They get really pissed." He locked the door then walked over to the toilet. "I need to piss." He laughed. I awkwardly turned around while he did he business.

"I love you." I blurted. I covered my mouth with my hands and squeezed my eyes shut. Shit shit shit. I felt Niall's hands on my waist as he spun me around.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"I didn't mean to say that."

"Why did you say it then?" He looked a little hurt.

"I don't know." But I did know. After a year of 'loving' him, I loved Niall Horan. Now he just had to fall in love with me.

---------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating regularly! School is awful to say the least. I might update within the next 24 hours, but I'm not promising anything. Thanks for reading! Love you :)