Chapter 4

I followed the guard through a long hallway before we made an abrupt right turn. I looked up and saw Niall standing in front of me. 

 "Thanks a lot!" Niall said to the guard. He nodded and walked away, leaving Niall and I alone. My anxiety was through the roof at this point. I couldn't feel my hands.

 "Sorry about all of this." Niall said, motioning around him. "I was kind of, um, wondering if I could have your number?"

What?

"I mean, you don't have to give it to me. This is probably kind of creepy, to be honest." He looked at his shoes and I snorted before responding.

 "I don't mean to be rude," I spoke up, "but are you joking?" His head shot up and he looked confused. 

 "No! I'm not joking at all. Why would you think that?" He looked embarrassed.

 "I don't know. I'm a random fan?" I replied. "But fine. I suppose you can have it." I teased. Of course I was going to give him my number. But how was I not freaking out? Niall Horan had just asked me for my number and I was playing the cool card. I read off my number and he put it in his phone. "So is that it?" I asked.

 "Well I kind of wanted to get to know you a little." He laughed. 

 "Oh." We sat down against the wall, the rock hard floor beneath us.

 "Lets play a game." He suggested. "20 questions. We'll go back and forth. I suppose I'll go first." My shoulders slumped a little. "You never did tell me your name. So, what's your name?" He smiled.

 "Juliana Owen." 

 "Okay. Good, now I can put a name to your contact." He grinned, pulling out his phone again. After he finished adding my name, he looked back up at me. "Your turn."

 What could I possibly ask him? I already knew everything about him. "Why did you pick me out of all of the other girls that you saw tonight?" That seemed to be the only question on my mind.

 He thought for a few seconds then replied. "You just stood out. There was something about you that made me want to get to know you better." I smiled and nodded slowly, both of us going silent.

 "It's your turn." I finally said, trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.

 "Who's your favorite? Like, which one of us?" 

 I wasn't sure if I was supposed to actually tell him that I had a favorite or not. It wasn't really fair to the other boys, but he did ask. "To be completely honest, it's you." I almost whispered. His eyes widened and he smiled.

 "That's a really good thing because I would've been heartbroken if it weren't." He jokingly grabbed his chest and pretended to cry. 

 "But Louis is a close second!" I laughed. This wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought it would be.

"Yeah, but I'm still first." He smiled so much his dimple showed. "It's your turn to ask a question."

 "Where are the other boys? Aren't you guys like a little pack?" I joked. 

 "Actually I'm not sure-" He was cut off by Harry walking into the hallway. "There's one." He looked annoyed.

 "Hello, love." Harry waved. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I just came to retrieve Niall. You're welcome to come if you'd like." He smiled at Niall and flicked his eyes over to me.

 "What do you want?" Niall asked, his eyes narrow. He really seemed ticked now. 

 "Well, the boys and I are heading back to the hotel and would feel really horrible if we left you here." Harry smirked. He was really, really cheeky.