Chapter 16

Niall's P.O.V. 

 I had fucked up. Juliana thought I was a monster. When Harry blamed our fighting on her, I couldn't control myself. She didn't deserve to be talked to like that considering she didn't do anything. I walked down the hallway of the arena, passing Zayn, Liam, and Lou on the way. They didn't even bother asking what happened. I went to the place that I loved most, the stage. Hoping that the crew was nearly finished setting up, I walked out, looking for my guitar. When I found it, I sat on the edge of the stage and began to play. 

 "Said I'd never leave her 

'Cause her hands fit like my t-shirt 

Tongue tied over three words, cursed 

Running over thoughts that make my feet hurt 

Body's intertwined with her lips."

 I stopped, taking a deep breath. What if she never forgave me? So what if we barely knew each other? I cared about her. I was afraid I wouldn't get her back. Clearing my thoughts, I began to play again.

 "Now she's feeling so low 

Since she went solo

Hole in the middle of my heart like a polo

And it's no joke to me

So can we do it all over again?"

 Tears started forming in my eyes. I remembered Juliana's face during this song at the concert. She was so happy to be there, but a shade of sadness took over. I knew this song meant something to her, and it hurt knowing that. This obviously wasn't a cheerful song, so she must have experienced some kind of pain to be able connect with it so well. 

 "If you're pretending from the start

Like this, with a tight grip, then my kiss

Can mend your broken heart

I might miss, everything you said to me

And I can lend you broken parts

That might fit, like this

And I will give you all my heart

So we can start it all over again."

 I put my guitar down and my head in my hands. I sat there, my mind blank. I heard someone come up behind me, but I didn't bother looking. It was probably someone from the crew. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I knew that hand. My head shot up, turning to face the person behind me.

 Juliana's P.O.V.

 I made my way to the stage to ask if any of the crew members had seen Niall. As I walked backstage, I heard someone singing. It was a familiar voice. It was Niall. He had his guitar and was sitting on the edge of the stage singing Over Again. My heart sank. I stayed back until he finished his little performance. When he set his guitar down, I made my way over to him. He jumped when I put my hand on his shoulder, quickly turning around. A look of relief washed over his face. 

 "I." Was all he could say. He pulled me into a hug and held me tightly for a good minute. "I am so fucking sorry." He said sincerely into my shoulder. I felt tears sinking through the fabric of my shirt. I held him closer, rubbing his back. 

 "Niall, I want to talk to you." He pulled back, nodding his head. After wiping his eyes, he sat down on the edge of the stage. I followed and grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze. "What happened?" Was all I could ask. It was the only thing I wanted to know. 

 "I don't want them to hurt you." He said quietly. What? How could they hurt me?

 "The boys? How could they hurt me?"