|S.COUPS| Forbidden Love~

This imagine was requested by my Unnie: joaneverth

|JOAN + S.COUPS|

A/N: Sad Ending :((

It was evening and I just excused myself from dinner. Mom and dad got into an argument, making the atmosphere a little tense.

When the door to my bedroom opened, I didn't hesitate locking it behind me. Their conversation seemed to have gotten more heated, as louder voices started echoing down the hall.

Not wanting to hear anymore, I plugged my ears with music while trying to relax myself.

*Ring Ring*

"Hello Jagi? What's up?"
"Yeah, hey Joan. I-uh, there's something I wanted to talk about."
"Sure, go for it."
"Not now though, wanna meet at the park in like 15min or-"
"Why can't you tell me now?"
"No, it's just-"

*crash*

"GIVE ME THE KEYS!!!"

The booming voice of my dad startled me with worry. I stood up carefully to place my ear against the door, glass shattering was heard on the other side.

"Joan?! Are you okay?"
"Um.. Yeah, I'll meet you at the park. Bye."

When the call ended, I carefully stepped out of my room towards the kitchen.

Peeking out of the corner, two figures came into view. My mom was hiding dad's car keys behind her, while he continued to thrash around.

"P-please, can't we make this work?"

"YOU CHEAT ON ME AND EXPECT TO MAKE THIS WORK?! YOU'RE CRAZY! NOW GIVE ME MY KEYS!"

Once he forcibly yanked her arm, I stepped out and did my best to pull them apart.

"DAD STOP!!! LET GO!"

By the time he did, the car keys were already in his hand. The room turned silent, filled with heavy pants and soft sobs.

"I'm leaving..."

Like that, his back faced us both as he exited without another word, leaving my mom and I alone.

"J-Joan, I-I'm sorry... *cries*"

Kneeling beside mom, my arms enveloped her sobbing state. She pulled away to look at me in the eye, wiping the tears that dropped out.

"Go to your room first dear. I need some space ok?"

With a nod, I walked back to my room, locking the door for the second time. Looking at my phone, a message was sent just recently.

SC: Here. U still coming?

...

J: Yeah, on my way.

It was nice to know that my boyfriend would be waiting to comfort me. A small smile crept onto my face thinking of the piece of happiness that's currently keeping me together.