Chapter 29: A chance of fiction.

Jimin:

I slosh my drink about, staring into the bottom of the plastic cup. I down the last of the clear liquid, and wince at the sharp taste. Since my alcohol cup is empty now, the loneliness is filling up again.

I'm not just gonna stand here.
I begin to push my way through the crowd.

'Hey Jimin!' Su calls out as she sees me pass. She walks up to me and leans into me. I raise my arms and turn my head away, trying to back away but only walking backwards into the wall.

'Great party huh?' She begins, biting her lip. I do not have time for this.

'What do you want?' I say coldly.

'Hmmm, just the most gorgeous guy in the school...' she hums, leaning in to kiss me. I swerve her like
I was water and she was oil. Woaahhh. No way. This isn't happening a second time. She is barking up the wrong tree, believe me. I slide swiftly out of the space between her and the wall behind me. She calls out to me, but I've learnt to block out everything that comes out of her mouth. I can only think about what just happened with Jungkook.
I hear her scream at me, and turn round to see she has thrown her drink on the floor and is in some state of a tantrum.

I ignore her and anyone else calling my name as I look around for somewhere away from everyone. I find the stair case, and walk up it before collapsing at the top. I drag myself up and stagger into what I hope is the bathroom.
I lock the door behind me, find the toilet quickly and throw up whatever alcohol I had in my body. Eurgh - disgusting. At least I feel more sobered up now. I clean up, running the sink tap and splashing cold water on my face. I look up at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I look a mess. I sigh and sink down against the cold floor, leaning my arm against the bath tub.
I stare up at the ceiling, feeling completely lost. How was I supposed to live like this? I can't do it to myself anymore.

I'm left with two options.

One, continue living as I am now without being with Jungkook - having to see him every day knowing he isn't mine. Or two, living in a world where Jungkook was mine, but having to face the judgement of everyone around me, my classmates, the gang, my dad. It seems like I can't win either way. What a pitiful existence. Fiction was beginning to look more realistic than me and Jungkook working out.

Someone knocks at the door, shaking the handle about. 'GO AWAY!' I yell, not giving a damn whether I was being rude or not. I hear their footsteps walk away along with a tut.

I let him go again just now. Just like I had been doing so for so long.
I couldn't let it happen again.

I pull myself up and swing the bathroom door open, running downstairs at least two steps at a time.

I run straight out of the house and into the cold of the night. Maybe I could catch up with him...

I see Taehyung leaning against the fence conversing with a few people.
I push through them and grab him by the collar. 'Jungkook - did you see him leave?!' I ask him, cutting straight to the point. He looks me up and down like his jacket was made of the most priceless gold and I just grabbed it with dirty hands.

'What's it to you?!' he retaliates.
I shake him slightly, still gripping tightly onto his collar, the people around him looking at me like I was crazy, not knowing what to do.
'I saw him walk that way, like ten minutes ago. Now will you get off me? You psycho!'