Chapter 5: Gang rules.

Jimin:

I cycle off, leaving Flower Boy behind.
I was actually kinda fascinated by the way he looked, and I realised just how different he looked from everyone else when I had the chance to look closely. He really is a weird one. When I looked closely, I saw he even had tiny little gems stuck underneath the corner of his eyes. The flower in his hair drooped down, petals balanced against side of his face, pressed against his skin which had a very slight, golden glow.

I stop suddenly as I get a call. I come to a halt on the bike and sit down in the seat, pulling my phone out of my pocket to see who's calling. It's JB.
I answer the phone. 'Hey, JB.' I say into my phone as the rest of the gang cycle back to me, listening in.

'Hey Jimin, I found your guy.
He's sitting comfortably with me... I'll text you where I'm at.'

'Okay we're on our way.' I reply before hanging up. I cycle onwards as Hobi, Namjoon and Yoongi trail behind.
___________________________

Once we reach JB, we see him and a guy hunched over on the floor. Jaehyo clutches his side as he lays on the floor in a foetal position. Yoongi crouches down and grabs him by his jacket collar and lifts him off the ground so that his head swings upwards, and the two are face to face. Wow. JB really did mess him up. His bottom lip was cut and bleeding, and he had another along his eyebrow, purple blemishes forming around it. JB's knuckles were red and sore, he rubs them using his other hand. He stuffs his hands in his pockets, and steps back from Jaehyo, turning to us. We exchange looks in greeting, and then we surround Jaehyo.

 We exchange looks in greeting, and then we surround Jaehyo

Yoongi is first to speak. 'Jaehyo, Jaehyo, Jaehyo...' Jaehyo opens his eyes now to look at Yoongi. 'You look a little lost right? What are you doing over this side of the neighbourhood? Do you not remember the agreement we have?...' He shakes him, Jaehyo's energy drained - his head flopping about all over the place. He breathes heavily before speaking up.

'Screw you.' He spits. 'I have business here.' He manages to breathe out before letting his head droop down again. Yoongi clenches his jaw, frustrated. He throws Jaehyo back down to the ground and stands up.
He kicks him, and Jaehyo coughs at the shock of the hit.

Yoongi turns to me, expecting me to hit Jaehyo. I never really liked this part of being a gang member. But we had to uphold the rules, or what kind of gang were we? I lean down, grab Jaehyo and punch him. He flies back down to the ground and raises his hand to his lip, blood trickling onto his fingers.
As I stand up, I hear a twig snap behind us. We turn around in unison. Neighbourhood watch? A teacher? Police?

...Flower Boy? I look up and see him at the opposite end of the alley way.
What has he seen? If he tells anyone then we've had it. We're already under close watch from both the police and school. I look down at my hand, a little blood lining my knuckles. He must think I'm a monster. He stares, motionless. He knows he's seen something he shouldn't have.

Jungkook:

Oh God what have I walked in on...
I was just curious I-I just wanted to see what they got up to and- what was going on?! I stare at Jimin, and he stares back. I look down at his hands, blood on the knuckles. Was that his blood or- I almost gag. I look down at the guy they had beaten up. He looks up at me, helpless, eyes watering from the pain. I look back up to Jimin.

Jimin:

'LEAVE!' I scream at him without thinking. He stands there, still not moving. God did he need me to spell it out?!

'GET OUTTA HERE!' I yell again.
He pauses for a moment before running off. I'll deal with him tomorrow.

We turn back to Jaehyo.
'Run back to Zico.' Yoongi tells him.
'Let this be a message that his members need to remember the rules. Okay?!' He lightly slaps the side of Jaehyo's face playfully, and picks him up so that he stands.

Namjoon pushes him to start walking, and Jaehyo begins limping away.
After he leaves, Yoongi turns to us.
'Zico will get the idea. And if he doesn't then...' Yoongi pats my back, laughing slightly.

Zico was the leader of Block B. Honestly I don't remember how we even got involved with him. How our two gangs have been in rivalry for...well as long as I can remember. All I know is that as long the two gangs stay apart, there won't be a face off. It's been calm for a good amount of time now, with no big issues. But lately we keep finding his members in our neighbourhood...

'As for Flower Boy...' Yoongi continues, staring off into the distance, 'Well, we always have art class, don't we?' He smirks before walking away.

Jungkook:

I run all the way back home. I don't stop, even when I reach my house.
I run right through the front door, and slam it shut behind me, collapsing back onto it. My breathing hitches as I struggle to control it. My dad walks past, stopping as he sees me.

'Jungkook - are you okay?' He asks, sounding concerned. I calm my breathing. 'Yeah, I'm fine Dad.'
I gulp, before running upstairs. I run into my room and slam the door shut. What did I just see? Do I call the police? Do I tell the teacher? My parents?! What if the guy was really hurt? I grab my phone and sit up on the window seat. I type in 112. The police. My thumb hovers over the call button.

Option 1: I call the police and report them like the good citizen I should be, therefore saving the guy from being beaten to death and be a hero. With the cost of my entire social life. Do I really want to piss off the neighbourhood gang on my first day of being here?

Option 2: I pretend I never saw anything, and go about my life easily as though it had never happened at all, but feel like a shitty human being who ignores others getting jumped.

Or maybe I co-

My thoughts are interrupted by the movement of a figure below who catches my eye. I look down through my window at the street below.
Is that...?

I see the guy from before, staggering down the street, clutching his side. So they let him go...or he escaped.

Knowing that he got away, I gaze back down at my phone screen, and delete the number. I won't call.

I might still be able to save my social life. I just have to deal with an entire gang in school tomorrow...

R.I.P. Jeon Jungkook...