Chapter 33: Not all good things last forever.

Jimin:

Project day. That means a day with Jungkook. I hurry to get ready, making sure I was styled to perfection. I check myself over in my reflection for the tenth time. Today I'm wearing my ripped jeans (I say this as though I actually have jeans that aren't ripped) and a striped tank that has sewn on patches along the collar and pocket. This top was a good idea - it shows off my arms. I run my hands one last time through my hair, pushing it up, and leave my house. I unlock my bike and head over to Jungkook's as quickly as I can.

Jungkook:

Jimin was coming today to work on the project with me. I don't think I've ever appreciated art class more than now. Thank you art class. Thank you Mr.Lee. Bless you all. I take a test photo from my camera to see if it was working fine. But I know it's working fine. I'm just killing time. Before long I hear a knock at the door, and my mum chattering downstairs. I begin to pace downstairs, but slow down as to not appear too enthusiastic. I don't care. Obviously. The hottest guy in our year was coming over my house. And I was dating him. No big deal. I see him at the doorway talking to my mum, and he looks up as he sees me and smiles.

'Hey Flower Boy.' He calls up cooly, lifting a hand to wave slightly.
My heart swells.

'I'll leave you to it, come in ChimChim.' My mum tells Jimin before walking away, the pet name making him laugh as he closes the door behind him.

Once we're up in my room, we both sit around my desk. We talk about the project before his mind starts wandering. He fiddles with things on my desk, more focused on that than what we had to do for the project.
'Hey Jimin, what's so much more interesting than this art project huh? You know it's only YOUR EDUCATION.'

Jimin:

I pick up the eyeliner from his desk and show him what I was playing around with.

'Do you really wear this kind of stuff all the time?' I tease, lightly tugging at a lock of his hair.

'Yeah, pretty much.' Jungkook replies, swatting my hand away and smoothing his hair back in place.

I laugh. Weirdo. 'But why? Don't you worry what people will think?'

'Why should I? Besides, what's the worst they could say, I've heard it all before - you look like a girl is really starting to become cliché, if you're gonna insult me, please be more creative.' We laugh.

'A more creative insult huh? Like Flower Boy?' Again, we laugh, his bunny smile creating little crinkles under his eyes.

'You should let me put it on you.' He tells me.

'Um... fine, you can put eyeliner on me.' I say, giving in a little too easily.

He scoots forward in his chair excitedly and leans in, placing his hand on my face to keep it stable. His hand is warm on my face, and I swear I can feel a faint heartbeat pump from his wrist.
I can feel my ears getting hot just from the embarrassment of being so close. He could literally see all of me if he wanted to, any pores or moles.
I hope I look okay. I look up and see him focusing on applying eyeliner to the waterline of one of my eyes. I use this opportunity to look at him since
I knew he was too concentrated to notice. He really was beautiful. Some people think brown eyes are boring. Some people couldn't be more wrong.
Even his- 'OW!' I wince, holding my hand up to my eye.

'Sorry, sorry!' Jungkook cried out, wiping the excess eyeliner away from my face.

'God Flower Boy I thought you were supposed to be good at this, but you're poking my eyes out!'