Chapter 24: Room 103.

Jungkook:

Me and Jimin travelled to school together that morning after he stayed the night. I let him wear more of my clothes since he didn't have a change of his own, and I couldn't help but find it adorable, even if it was on someone as non-adorable as Jimin.

I smiled to myself at the image of Jimin wearing my clothes and stared off into space as Mrs.Lim begun to teach her English class.

English never was my strongest point.
I want to study it, I really do but...
Ugh it's so hard. Although Namjoon's tutoring was really helping, there were a lot of areas I still struggled with.
I tap my pen against the desk repeatedly to the beat of the song playing in my head.

'...Jungkook. Jungkook!' I hear suddenly, snapping out of my trance. Mrs.Lim was staring at me, glasses edged on the end of her nose.
'Are you in English class or are you up in the clouds?'

'Sorry.' I apologise. She sighs, probably because she's so used to catching me, as she puts it, 'up in the clouds'.

'Well you may as well make yourself useful, we need the old English textbooks up in Room 103, could you bring them here please?' She asks.

'Sure.' I say and excuse myself from the classroom to go retrieve the old English text books Mrs.Lim had asked me for. I was probably the least trustworthy person for the job, seeing as I'm still a bit unfamiliar with where everything is in this school. She said they were in Room 103. Right, I can find that. No problem.

I guess that room 103 should at least be on the second floor. I jog up the nearest staircase. Room...110...111...112.
Did I miss it? I head back down the stairs and take note of the door numbers as I go along. 90...89...88.
Do they have every room except 103?? Who built this place anyway? Assess your life and your ability to build a school, please.

I come to a halt and lean against the nearby wall to rest, on the verge of giving up. That's it. I'm lost. Whoever finds my body, I leave you in charge of telling my family, my friends, G-Dragon, of my tragic yet heroic death.

Just as I was planning my end, I turn my head against the wall to see Jimin walking down the hallway.
The serendipity of it. I was always seeing him in random places like this, purely by chance. Thank you universe. I can't help but smiling.

'Oh hey there Flower Boy,' Jimin says, smiling back. 'fancy seeing you here. What are you doing out of class?'

'I was on a quest for textbooks, but I hate to say my mission has failed. Miserably. I think room 103 is just a myth, a legend you know? Because it obviously doesn't exist.' I say.

'What about you? Why are you out of class?' I return the question.

'After a lot of consideration,
I reached the conclusion that Maths class just isn't for me.'
He replies, leaning on the wall next to me.

'So you mean you're skipping class?' I raise an eyebrow.

'These technical terms really aren't that necessary Jungkook.'
Yep. He's skipping class.

Jimin:

Class was a waste of time anyway. Why stay in my class when I can walk past Jungkook's?

'Well being the kind, considerate handsome hero I am, I'll take you to 103. I'm a sucker for a cute guy in distress. Plus I guess I should return the favour after you helped me out yesterday.' I say, flashing the classic Park Jimin smile that everyone goes crazy for. He rolls his eyes.

'Come on then, follow me.' I begin walking in the direction of room 103. Well the long way anyway. We can take it slow, haha.

'How's your neck? Are you still in pain? Your eye is kinda purple still.' Jungkook begins.

'Ah I'm fine. I just have to stay out of gang fights from now on.' I say.

'So...' I begin as we walk down the corridors, which were dim as the school lights hadn't been switched on yet.
'Do you think you're completely settled into the school now?'

'Definitely, I like it here. I mean I guess it helped that I already knew Tae, he helped me fit in quickly.'

I can't help but clench my fists as I walk when I hear Taehyung's name.
I know I shouldn't but, I feel jealous.
It feels shitty knowing the guy you like is still really good friends with his ex-boyfriend. Which would be fine if his ex wasn't such a dick. Jungkook doesn't see it, but I don't trust Taehyung. Maybe it is just because he's the ex-boyfriend and so I'm jumping to conclusions. But then again I trust my instincts more than I trust anything that comes out of Tae's mouth.

'Yeah I could see that from when he kissed your cheek at lunch the other day.' I add bitterly.

'Oh, haha yeah, he just did that in a friendly, messing about way.' Jungkook says defending him. Whatever.

When we finally reach the room he needed to go to, he opens the door.
The room is empty, lights switched off. He switches them on, and they flicker a few times before lighting up the room with a harsh white light that hurts my eyes at first. I bring my hand up to my eyes to shield them.

'Jeese, do they ever use this room?' I ask, gazing round at the clutter - piles and piles of books and folders, majority of them gathering dust, some easels propped up against a wall, the blinds on the window jammed halfway.

'I guess it's more of a storage room.' Jungkook says, swiping a finger over the dusty surface of a table and rubbing it on his shirt. He walks over to a shelf, where he begins shuffling through the various books.

'Ah, here they are.' He pulls out a stack of English text books, blows the excess dust off and clutches them to his chest. I cough as the dust floats towards my direction.

'I better head back, Mrs.Lim will kill me if I take any longer.' He tells me.

'You have that old woman? Ha! Ah, she puts me in detention like every week.' I complain. 'You should go back then before she puts you in detention too.'
I say, kind of sad that our time was over, however short it was.

We walk out of the room, and lean against the lockers just outside the door that line the hallway. I wanted to walk him back to class, but I figured if he found his own way back he'd learn the way.

'Right, here's where I leave you,'
I tell him, grasping my chest in the general area of my heart and fake sobbing to express my heartbreak.
'You need to learn the way back yourself so you don't get lost again.'

'Yeah, that's a good idea.' Jungkook replies.

Damn. I just realised my mistake.
If I walked him back, he wouldn't have learnt the way, meaning he still had a reason to need me for something. Damn again. Stupid Jimin. Oh well, I've already suggested it now.

'Well, bye then...' I sigh, leaning next to him on the locker. We are both facing each other. Nothing more than a single locker space separating us.
'Bye...' Jungkook says. We stare at each other for a second, and somehow the space of the hallway didn't feel so empty.

We didn't kiss.
But maybe we should of.

I leave him there, not looking back, only thinking of what could of happened outside Room 103.