Chapter 43: The full picture.

Jungkook:

The next morning I decide to come downstairs. I can't remember the last time I came downstairs to eat breakfast with my family. I've isolated myself in my room for so long now...

I drag my feet down the stairs, eyes hung low. When I turn the corner to walk through the living room through to the kitchen, I see my Mum almost drop the plates she was carrying out of the pure shock that I had actually come out of my room.

'Jungkook!' You're...here.' She says confused. My dad looks up from his newspaper and sets down his coffee.

'Wow - the lesser spotted Jeon Jungkook has actually emerged from his natural habitat!' He jokes, although his face falls when he sees my dead expression. My mum takes out another plate and sets it down at the breakfast table. I pull out a seat and slump into it, eyes still fixed on the floor. I can feel that my parents are wary of me, they both won't stop staring at me. Mum hovers around me, trying to find any sign of life in me. Trying to find any trace of her son.

She spoons food onto my plate. I stare at it. Why was I even here? It's not like I had an appetite. It's not like I've had an appetite for the past months. I poke at it with my fork, until dad speaks.

'Jungkook. I know you miss him. But it doesn't mean you should lose hope at everything you do. He can still be found.' He says softly. Mum throws him a look, one that says 'How dare you bring this up to him, he's already on the edge as it is!'

'How?' I say bluntly, as I continue to prod at the breakfast. My dad sighs.

'Maybe there were more witnesses? Or maybe someone else close to him who knows where he might have gone to or why he left.' He tries telling me. Mum still throws him deathly looks: 'You're treading on thin ice!'

I don't reply. I don't have the effort to. And I certainly don't have the effort to put up with these empty reassurances. Unless you can bring Jimin back, don't try and pretend like you can. It's fake and it's cruel.

'What about Taehyung - he was close friends with Jimin. Maybe he knows something.' Dad asks. Taehyung? What does he have to do with this? I look up, suddenly more curious about my dad's reasoning.

'Huh? They've never been close friends. In fact I don't think they even like each other.' I say, correcting him. It was almost humorous, thinking about how far from the truth my dad was. Jimin and Taehyung were always complaining about each other.

Dad sips his steaming coffee. 'Oh...really? I mean I just assumed they were since I saw Taehyung at Jimin's house once.'

Taehyung? At Jimin's house? You were more likely to see the Pope at a rave.
'Really...when?'

'Well, just before...' He sets down his coffee and furrows his eyebrows, trying to think back. His eyebrows raise again as he realises. '...before Jimin went missing... He was pushing something through the letterbox. That's all I saw, I remember because I was coming home from work late that evening so I took a shortcut through Jimin's road. And I know it was his house because I remember him telling me he lived in the middle house that morning he stayed for breakfast.'

Pushing something through the letterbox? What would Taehyung have to push through the letterbox? It's not like him and Jimin even spoke to each other - so why was Tae at his house?

I stand up sharply, almost knocking over my drink. 'Kookie! Mind the drinks!' Mum snaps. 'What are you doing?' She asks.

'I'm going to school.' I announce, rushing away from the breakfast table and up into my room to throw on fresh clothes.