Chapter 17: Falling in love.

Jimin:

The bus pulls in to the stop, a mini tsunami of water being sent over the pavement as the bus plows through it. Jungkook stands up and slings his backpack over one of his shoulders.

'Well, this is my stop. Um if you want you can borrow the umbrella, my house isn't too far from here anyway so I'll live.' he says, outstretching his hand with the umbrella in to offer it to me.

'Um no it's okay, this is my stop too actually.' I tell him before I can stop myself. Why did I just say that?!
My stop is the next one... UGH JIMIN. Well it's too late now you idiot, you've already let the lie spill from your lips.

'Oh, great. Come on then.' Jungkook says with a smile, as he turns and heads off the bus. I sigh at myself for managing to make my life awkward like this, but follow anyway, even if this wasn't my stop.

Jungkook:

I begin to head off the bus. I pause for a second at the doors to let Jimin catch up to me so we could share the umbrella. He grabs his bag and hurries along the aisle. Not before tripping over his own feet though, crashing right into me and sending me flying off the bus.

'WOAH!' I cry out as I tumble off the bus. I land, ankle deep in the massive puddle between the bus and the pavement. Great. Just great. Jimin hops over the puddle and onto the pavement safe and dry as the bus doors close and it rolls away. He bursts out laughing, as I send him a death glare.

'Look what you've done to my shoes!' I yell as he continues to burst out in a fit of squeaky laughs, barely being able to keep his balance as he covers his mouth with his hand.

'What do you mean look at your shoes, I can't see them - they're underwater!' He tells me through his laughter. I scowl and step out of the puddle onto the pavement.

'Eurgh, gross.' I mutter as I shake my shoes off. I begin to walk off in the direction of my home, walking past Jimin without a word, taking the umbrella with me. He runs to catch up with me.

'Ah c'mon Jungkook don't be like that!' he says. I ignore him, sulking as I walked ahead again. Again, he jogs to catch up to me. 'Think about it, I did you a favour, those shoes were ugly anyway.' He says with a smirk.

'I liked these shoes!' I snap back, caving in to him and abandoning my plans of ignoring him. 'And now I have to walk home with them squelching! It feels gross!'
I complain.

'Look if you're gonna complain the whole way back have my shoes.' he says. I stop in my tracks and look at him.

'You're really offering your shoes? Since when did you become so soft?' I tease him.

'LOOK HERE FLOWER BOY. YOU'RE ANNOYING WHEN YOU COMPLAIN AND MOPE SO DO YOU WANT THEM OR NOT? I'M NOT GONNA REPEAT MYSELF!' he snaps. I decide not to push it further.

'Well in that case yes, I'll take them. But what will you wear?
My shoes?' I question.

'Shut up before I change my mind.' He says, stepping out of his shoes one by one.

'Jimin wait I didn't know you were being serious - your feet
will get soaked!'

He doesn't reply, kicking off his own shoes. 'Take yours off then.' he orders. I don't question him further as
I slip off mine, using them at stepping stones as I remove my wet socks and stuff them in my jacket pocket. I stepped into his dry shoes and wiggle my feet in. They were a perfect fit, surprisingly. Before I can protest further, he picks up mine and carries on walking. I feel really bad now, I can see the muddy rainwater seep into the bottom of his socks. I keep my mouth shut though as I walk alongside him, holding the umbrella above us, even though there wasn't much need for it now, we're already soaking.