Chapter 10: Chew toys.

Jungkook:

Today the weather was sunny, but cool enough to sit outside without your shoes melting onto the ground.
I walked along with Hana, Sena and Taehyung as they led me to a shady spot under the tree. We place our bags down onto the grass and form a circle as I lean back onto my hands.

'How are you finding your first week?' Hana asks, taking a seat next to me and opening her book to finish off some homework.

'It's going great, except this art project is going to be a nightmare, I can already tell.' I reply.

'Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed about the whole swapping of parters thing, but I don't think it'll be terrible working with Yoongi.'

'You would think that,' Sena cuts in 'you think he's cute don't you?' She laughs as Hana buries her face down into her book.
__________________________

Hana places her book back down to the ground, when suddenly a thick soled boot crashes down onto it, crumpling the page. We all look up to see none other than Su. The girl I remember Hana and Sena told me to avoid.

'Su - what are you doing?' Tae speaks up, sheilding his eyes from the sun as he looks up to where she was standing. She looms over us, two of her friends huddled close behind her. She smiles and turns to me.

'Oh!!' she exclaims - a little too excitedly. I could tell she was putting it on. 'You're the new guy - Jungkook, yes?' I open my mouth to speak, but she cuts me off before I have the chance to. 'Wow, are all the boys in Daegu as cute as you?!'
She flicks her hair and smiles, placing one of her long, fake nails between her teeth. I see she has a french manicure, as Mum always gets those nails done.

'Uh...' I begin, but again she cuts me off.

'You can come hang around with me yeah? A guy as hot as you needs to gravitate to cliques like mine, obviously.' she places a hand on her hip. Sena scoffs under her breath, as Su snaps her head round to glare at her. 'Problem?'

'It's nothing.' Sena laughs. 'I just thought for a moment you were trying to flirt with him.' Hana scoffs now, hiding her laugh with her hand. Even Tae cracks a smile. Su looks around, wondering what she's missed. 'So what if I was? At least I can get a guy unlike you dweebs.'

'Well considering he's gay - he'd never go for you. Even if he was into girls.' Sena tells her.

Great -  announce it to everyone why don't you? I still want to lay low. Su raises her eyebrows and turns back to me. 'Shame.' She says, 'He would have to be gay to turn me down.' Ouch, haha. By now even I'm finding it hard not to laugh along with the rest of the group. This girl was unreal.

'Hey Su - why are you trying to flirt with Jungkook anyway, aren't you like, obsessed with Park Jimin?' Hana pipes up, followed by a snicker from Taehyung. Su rolls her eyes and smiles sarcastically in the direction of Hana. 'Everyone knows that Park Jimin is my property. Yeah Sena?' She adds overly sweetly.

'WE DATED FOR LIKE A WEEK WHEN WE WERE TWELVE GET OVER IT!' Sena shouts back. This was too funny. I laugh, watching this weird dilemma unfold. Su's friends shift awkwardly behind her as she snaps round and glares at me for laughing.
I pull my mouth together tightly.
Her gaze was like ice, Jeese...

'You stay away from him too.
I don't want you thinking you have any sort of right to flirt with Jimin just because you like guys. Stay away - got it?' She kicks over the book she had her trapped under her foot, and storms away, followed by her two minions. That last comment though. I laugh. She's crazy. 

'Wow, I see what you mean now. Like WOW. She's crazy!' I tell Hana and Sena. 'Is your book okay Hana?'

'Ah, kind of.' She says as she picks it up to inspect. She dangles it from her hand and a few pages fall out onto the grass. Ah - not so okay then. 'It doesn't matter, thank God we got put into separate classes this year.' She adds as she dusts off the book with her sleeve.

'So she likes Jimin?' I ask the group.

'Yeah, she's been obsessed with him for like, years. She's always tagging along with him. Poor guy.' Hana answers.

My heart drops slightly thinking anyone as beautiful as Park Jimin would be deluded enough to date someone as psycho as Su. Why are the good looking guys always stupid like that?

'Oh...' I reply downheartedly. I don't know why I'm letting myself be disappointed, it's not like he's into guys anyway.

'So why was she flirting with me if she likes him so much?' I say, thinking out loud.

'Picture it like this. When a dog can't have its favourite chew toy it'll find others to play with in the meantime.' Sena explains.

'So...she can't have Jimin?' I ask curiously.

'Well despite all her efforts he's never actually made any advances back. Which is weird because as much as I hate the girl, she is really attractive, and quite a lot of guys like her. I thought he would have been dating her by now...' Sena says frowning in confusion as she looked over in the direction of where Jimin and his friends were hanging out. I follow her gaze, watching him as he laughed and joked in his group.

'Maybe he knows how bitchy she really is.' Hana comments.

'Well if they do start dating they deserve each other. Jimin's just as awful as her.' Tae adds, only to be met with a flying biology text book thrown by Sena.

'Don't be mean! He's never done anything to you Kim Taehyung!' She snaps in defence, accompanied by the laughter of me and Hana. 'Why have you always hated him so much?!'

'Because...why would I like a scummy gang member. He's nothing but trouble.' Tae replies, displaying the dislike without reason
I had seen in him many times before.

I don't know what was the problem, but for as long as I'd known him, Tae had always seemed to have...well a slightly nasty streak. He would always be set on hating someone for no reason. When we were dating it was just about any other guy who talked to me. It really did get out of hand, but I played it off as simple jealousy. But I guess he hasn't gotten over this character flaw.

Before we can get anymore into it, the bells rings to let everyone know to go to class. We stand up and brush the grass from our legs. I pull out my timetable from my jean pocket, already crumpled despite it being in my possession for less than a week. I unfold the paper and scan for what lesson I have now.

Of course. Art class.