•1• of part one

Sky's pov

I took this selfie before my mom calls me downstairs. "Skylar honey, we need to go meet the Dolan's!" My mom yells from the bottom of the stairs.

The Dolan's are the family of the guy that I will be marrying. Of course I will be meeting him to. Ugh I am so not looking forward to this!! I think before dragging myself over to my door.

I open my door with one hand and slide my phone into the pocket of my black jeans with my other hand. I roll my eyes before walking out of my room. "Is that what you are wearing?" My mom asks me while looking at my outfit once I reached the bottom of the half spiral staircase. "Yeah. Is there something wrong with it?" I say before looking down at my distressed black jeans and my grey shirt that has a little alien emoji where a pocket would be. "No...." My mom says sounding hesitant. "I'll meet you in the car" I tell my parents before they head off out the door. "Ughhhh" I groan while putting on my black converse.

I stomp out the door, closing the door behind me.

I haven't been speaking to my parents much lately. Not since they told me about the whole marriage thing. It just makes me so mad! Why force me to marry a stranger when you could just let it happen when it happens? That's how love works. Or they could've just asked me to move out, you don't have to ship me off with some guy!

I was fuming the whole car ride.

I don't want to do this! I don't want to grow up. I just want to go back to being a kid again. When I used to play with dolls and Barbies. I wanna go back to those days! Why do I have to do this? I ask myself. "We're almost there" my dad says to no one in particular after 10 minutes of driving.

I put on a random playlist on my phone after putting in my headphones.

[idfc- Blackbear]

Tell me pretty lies,
look me in the face.
Tell me that you love me
even if it's fake,
'cause I don't fucking care at all.

You been out all night,
I don't know where you been.
You're slurring all your words,
Not making any sense.
But I don't fucking care at all.

Cause I have hella feelings for you.
I act like I don't fucking care,
Like they ain't even there
Cause I have hella feelings for you.
I act like I don't fucking care,
Cause I'm so fucking scared

I'm only a fool for you
And maybe you're too good for me
I'm only a fool for you
But I don't fucking care,
I don't fucking care
But I don't fucking care at all"

I listen to my music while looking out the window. I hesitantly turn it off as well as my phone as we pull into the driveway of a beautiful house.

"You married me to a rich kid?" I ask before rolling my eyes slightly. "No. No, I think you'll like him" my mom says. "Even I approve of him and you know how strict I am" my dad tells me as we all get out of the car. "But what if he's a creep or-or a...rapist or something" I whine to my mom quietly as we walk up the long drive way. "He's not. He's got no criminal record, did good in school and he's STD free!" My mom tells me quietly, as she wiggled her eyebrows at the last part. "Ok..." I say with a little bit of hope after laughing slightly at her joke.

I take a deep breath in and out as my dad knocks on the door.

Here goes nothing! I lie to myself.

Well....that was the first chapter! Thanks for reading I really appreciate it.

Love you guys ~Jess