Something Worth Fighting For

Start from the beginning

"Ow . . . you‛re heavy, Krystal-chan," he said in a strained voice.

"Oh yeah? Well I bet you‛re not so light yourself, neither—Now get off me!"

"Me? You fell on me!"

"Well, er sh-shut up!" Krystal retorted as the blood which had been rushing to her head moments ago only powdered her cheeks. She offered a hand to help Sasuke up once she stood upright, feeling moderately embarrassed. Almost immediately after, her pale and petite hands reached for the nape of her neck, eyes closed as if undoing something. Seconds later, she held out one of the rose necklaces. Sasuke‛s only reaction was to stare blankly.

"Happy birthday, Sasuke-kun!"

"That‛s . . . that‛s a girl‛s necklace!"

"No it‛s not—Well kinda—But guys can wear it too! It‛s a friendship necklace. You wear one and I wear the other, and then we‛ll always have something to connect us! Don‛t you like it . . .?"

"Er . . . ."

Taking that as a rejection, Krystal‛s brow furrowed downwards and she puffed her cheeks again. Drawing her hand in, she growled, "Fine! If you don‛t like it, I‛ll take it back! All ya had to do was tuck it under your shirt for all I cared!" She crossed her arms and turned. "Sakura and Ino woulda killed me for having the same necklace as you anyway, but I guess you‛re just too manly to wear it! I got half-a-mind ta tell ‛em where you‛re hiding!"

"No, wait!" All throughout Krystal‛s accusations and assumptions he had opened his mouth many times to say something as a sweat drop formed on his head but only then had he found the voice. As much as he did not want her to be angry, he ESPECIALLY did not want her to relay his hiding spot to his number one most obsessive fangirls. He sighed in a way that the air blew upwards and upset the way his bangs were settled. "So long as I can hide it," he started with his cheeks becoming hot and Krystal turning slightly to face him." I guess I can wear it . . ."

At that, Krystal formed a new smile that was wide and she turned fully, knowing that, even though he was not very enthusiastic about it, that was the best she would get from him. She handed the necklace to Sasuke and watched with a smile still as he reluctantly pulled it over his head and tucked it under his black turtleneck. "Just promise you aren‛t goin‛ fangirl on me now."

"Haha, don‛t worry Sasuke-kun. I‛m too scared of your other fangirls to be one and—Well, you know I like Itachi-kun!" She reassured him while extending her pinky. "I just want to be best friends forever with you, Sasuke-kun1"

Sasuke linked pinkies with her, a smile curving his lips. "Right! Best friends forever! If you became a fangirl, it‛d suck so bad ‛cause you know all my hiding places!"

"HEY! I FOUND SASUKE-KUN!" came a sudden voice belonging to a fangirl that made Krystal and Sasuke jump nearly eight feet in the air.

"Him and Krystal are making a pinky promise," someone gasped.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Both Sasuke and Krystal exchanged glances, releasing their pinky promise. Sasuke started, "I think—"

Krystal continued with, "we should—"

Then they both chorused, "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN!"

.:Xx♥xX:.

Sasuke nearly smiled at this memory with a look of nostalgia as he twirled the same rose necklace from the memory, but on his face it came out as more of a smirk. He looked over Konoha from atop one of its tall buildings for the first time in a long time after letting the first few hours of his new freedom sink what he had been told, the clothes he had worn over the last few years adopting the Sound Village clothing style had become too torn and bloodied to the point in which they could no longer be worn. Now, after paying a visit to the Uchiha estate, he wore a blackshort sleeved turtleneck with a wide collar and the Uchiha symbol on the back over a long sleeved white shirt. His white capris were a little long and baggy, but short enough that the bandages between his black zori and the edge of the pants were visible.