Someone I Used to Know

Start from the beginning

"No, but this one‛s the size of a horse! He‛s not even going to fit in the hallway!"

The mysterious woman now looked at the ninja and Akamaru. "That could pose a problem . . . ."

"Actually, it‛s not that big a deal," Kiba cut in after having stared at the red head for the entirety of her presence. Grin wide and the red color coming to his face lost among his fang marks, he made a hand sign that triggered the transformation jutsu for Akamaru, changing him into Kiba‛s double. They both gave a look to Kagura that asked Are You Satisfied?

"Big dogs make big messes," she retaliated strongly, becoming cross.

The other woman sighed. "If this one‛s party pays you some extra, would that help you change your mind?"

Intrigued by the offer, Kagura held her chin, giving a thoughtful look as dollar signs appeared in her eyes. "That all depends . . . . How much are we talking, here?"

"You can talk about that with Lord Maboroshi himself. This one will lead the ninja to their rooms, so you can take care of the guest who‛s about to make off with one of your vases."

Kagura had been about to argue further, but instead nearly gave herself whiplash as she turned her attention to the vase-snatcher. "Hey you!"

The woman chuckled as Kagura left and then addressed the ninja. "Follow this one before Miss Kagura finishes with the thief," she winked before walking down the hall and to the stairs. Kiba followed first more eagerly then he normally would have, making sure to stay close and Akamaru followed after. The girls followed next, wondering why Kiba was so excited.

"Oh! It just occurred to this one that this one never told you this one‛s name. It‛s Hayden Isabella Bos, but you can just call this one Hayden. This one‛s part of Lord Maboroshi‛s original guard," she said over her shoulder.

"Inuzuka Kiba."

"Yamanaka Ino."

"H-hyuuga Hinata."

"Hyuuga Krystal."

"Hiya!"

At the third floor, they stopped in front of rooms 306 and 307. Hayden turned to face the ninja. "As this one‛s sure Miss Kagura has told you, Lord Maboroshi doesn‛t wish to leave ‛til tomorrow. So you four-"

"Bark!"

"Sorry, er . . . five have 306 and 307. We‛re gonna have a little meeting later in the day, too, and that‛ll be when you can meet the rest of the guard. We‛ll also fill ya in on the whole situation then, too. Well . . . . Make yourselves comfortable! This one has other business to attend to," she said before going back to whence they all came.

"Woah, Hayden, wait up!" Kiba said as he jogged to catch up to her. He wanted to get to know her a little better.

"Figures," Krystal smiled as she opened the door. "Been here only fifteen minutes and he‛s already found a skirt to chase."

Ino and Hinata nodded in agreement as they entered the room. The walls were decorated with a few scrolls featuring drawings made by famous artists, such as Katsushika Hokusai, and there were a few plants in the corners to give it a traditional Japanese feeling to it. Krystal however payed no attention to the room‛s decor and immediately seated herself at the kotatsu in the center of the room where three platters of food were covered to keep them warm. Rubbing her hands together, she said in an overly-cheerful voice, "Let‛s eat! I‛m starved; Itadakimasu!" and she began shoveling hot rice and raw sushi down her esophagus. Hinata and Ino did the same, without neglecting their table manners.