Betrayal?!

You giggled as Shu pulled you alongside him. The two of you had decided to go for a walk and take a break after your shifts at 'Sweet stuff.' Your family owned the shop and Shu was a family friend who just needed a  job. You welcomed him warmly since the first day but he always seemed expressionless. You just assumed he had fun, though honestly, you weren't quite sure why he wanted a job. He was really lazy and you just ended up helping him. "Shu! Let's get ice cream!"

"It's too cold."

"Please!"

"You can."

"I don't want to be the only one eating!"

"That's too bad then."

"Shuuuuu!!!"

"Yes?"

"Ice cream! Pleaseeeee!"

"I already told you. Plus you just ate lunch. Wait at least 30 more minutes before getting it."

"Aw. Party pooper."

"Sucks to be you." He tugged your sleeve and turned a corner. "Why did you come with me anyways?"

"Maybe because we planned this together? Don't be like that!" You playfully whacked his arm.

"Ouch...."

"Omigosh! Look! Let's get a hotdog!"

"You just ate!"

"So? There's always room for more!"

"You mean for dessert...."

"Hm?"

"Nothing." This went on for about ten more minutes. You turned another corner and came back to the little café. "We're back."

"Yup." You went in. "Hey mom. We're back!"

"Hey (y/n). Hey Shu." Shu had gone in after you and was now putting his apron back on. "Get ready for your second shift! I'm going out."

"Okay. See you at dinner!" Right after your mom left, Shu beckoned you over.

"What is this?" He asked, holding a bill up close so you could see it.

"A bill?"

"I found it on the counter under the boxes." He motioned towards the stack of boxes now piled neatly under the counter.

"That's weird. Mom never mentioned being in debt."

"We have been getting less customers though."

"True....OMIGOSH. You don't think we'll have to close do you?!" You stared at Shu wide-eyed.

"Let's drop the subject. Maybe it'll change. Pretend it never happened." He yawned. "I'll be in the back if you need me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So mom...how're things going?"

"Great honey. Why?"

"Oh nothing...I was just wondering....Wanted to make sure my dear mom is doing okay!" Your father had left you and your mother when you were 2 so it was always just the two of you. Finding a job had been hard, so your mom had come back here, to her birthplace and had taken over the family café. Now to think it was possible to lose the café......

"Everything's fine sweetie! Don't worry! What about you? How was your day?" And so, the conversation diverted and went off in it's own direction. Every time you asked, this happened. You stopped worrying eventually.

"(Y/n).....Look." Shu held up another small slip of paper. "Found it in the recycling bin."

"Why would you look in there..."