"What is it?" Zack asks, placing you down on the ground.

"Can't... ow."

Your eyes snap open as you wheeze for air. Glancing down, you groan loudly when you realize Zack is sleeping with all of his weight on you – again. You try to push him off, to no avail.

"Get... off..." you grunt, pushing on his shoulders as he continues to snore.

As if answering your prayers, the alarm from your phone suddenly starts to blare through the bedroom and with a yelp Zack sits up straight. You smile as you start to breathe normally, reaching over to your nightstand to turn off your alarm.

"Ugh, I was having such a good dream," Zack whines as he flops down on the bed, burying his face into his pillow.

"Number one SOLDIER?" you guess.

He shifts his head so that he's smirking up at you, his blue eyes slowly starting to look more awake. His hair is shorter than it was a year ago, making him look older and wiser. Thankfully for you, however, he's still your Puppy.

"Please, [Name]. Best SOLDIER of all time," he corrects.

"How could I forget," you laugh as he wraps an arm around your waist, pulling you towards him as his lips find yours in the darkness.

His hand trails down your skin, landing at your hip. His fingers stop short when he reaches that key-shaped scar, and he breaks the kiss to frown down at your skin.

"I-I'll go make the coffee," you stammer, starting to move away from him.

"No!" he exclaims, pulling you back under him with a quick movement of his arm. "We have time. You know I love that scar." He leans down, running a trail of kisses down your face. "It reminds me of how strong you are."

You can only smile as you rest your hand on the back of his neck, pulling him up so that your lips capture his. He grins into the kiss before reaching a hand between your intertwined bodies, running his fingers up your thigh.

Because of the hot summer days, you've taken to sleeping with the window open.

To keep yourselves from sleeping in, the blinds are usually open, to allow in sunlight.

Allowing a man dressed in black to stare inside from his place on the sidewalk, watching you with a hidden grin.

[♥]

You didn't think it was possible to do something more boring than paperwork but somehow Sephiroth had found it – making copies of paperwork! While being his assistant could be at times fun and exciting, it was mainly an utter bore... Which is actually how you'd describe life in Midgar. The city is dark and dreary, but it could at times be interesting.

"Still copying?" another assistant asks as she enters the computer lab.

"Sadly," you reply, barely glancing over at her. "Why, do you need it?"

"I can wait," she offers with a smile. You nod, focusing your attention back to your work. "Hey, [Name]?"

"Hm?"

"Is, um... Is Cloud single?"

Your head snaps up, staring up at the young woman with slightly widened eyes.

"U-Uh... Is he... Um... Yes, yes he's single," you quickly stammer out, giving her a smile.

Cloud had moved to Midgar a few months prior, which had been completely uncomfortable at first. He could barely look at you for the first couple weeks without stammering out some gibberish and running off. Eventually, however, the relaxed friendship returned between the two of you, and you were finally able to joke and laugh with him as if nothing had happened. It could still be awkward if he caught stolen touches and glances between you and Zack. But, ultimately, you loved having him around, as you had missed him greatly. It also made you incredibly happy to see the two best friends acting as friends again.