30 // Battleground Pt. 2

Recap:

"You know," Seth began, causing Sasha to turn around. "Emma said Mercedes was a coward, but I'm starting to believe Sasha is one too."

She whimpered under her breath as she watched his expression go dark. Everyone was used to Seth's cunning personality, but she always knew him for his soft side. And seeing this side of him shocked her.

He fixed the collar on his suit before inching closer to her. He looked down at her as her eyes met his and waited for his neck move. He just stared at her, and began to make her uncomfortable. Rollins stood up straight and shook his head, slipping past her and walking into the opposite direction, leaving her to watch him walk away from her.

+

The women's championship rematch was finally happening. After weeks of this highly anticipated contest, the real battle began. Twenty minutes of a back and forth match really left the crowd biting at their nails, anxious for more. Sasha did a wonderful job at trying to retain her title, while Charlotte also tried hard to keep Sasha down long enough for her to bring home the gold.

Sasha, of course, had the upper hand on the Second Generation woman. With the Hall of Famer father banned from ringside after an attempt at interfering earlier in the match, she felt relieved.

Sasha hopped onto the top turnbuckle, staying in a crouch position as Charlotte slowly began to get up. Charlotte was now facing her so she dove off the top rope, hoping to connect with Charlotte and plant her on the ground, but Charlotte had other things in mind. She grabbed her as she dove in her arms as Sasha began struggling to squirm out of Charlotte's arm. Charlotte swung her around and crashed her down into her knee, Sasha clutching her back in result to the spinal issues that she had faced for some weeks now.

To catch a breather, Sasha rolled out of the ring, still holding onto her injured back. She had to regain her energy back so she could win this match and be over with this battle. She took one last deep breath before getting on her hands and knees and pushing herself up.

She stood straight up and got the wind knocked out of her as a boot was met with her jaw. Stars formed in her vision as she stared up at the high ceiling of the arena. Laying there, she began to contemplate whether or not she should get back up and keep fighting or throw in the towel. After taking a kick like that, staying out for a while was the best idea at the moment.

A head got in the way of her vision as she continued to stare up at the ceiling. She looked up to see her former friend, Emma, staring down at her in disgust.

"Get up."

Emma spat as she grimaced at Sasha. Sasha managed to gently shake her head, refusing to move from her current position. Meanwhile, Charlotte was watching the current scene unfold in the ring as the referee got to an 8 count.

"Get up!"

Emma was now shouting at her, but this didn't motivate Sasha to move any faster. Sasha was in no position to keep fighting, she was worn out. She was too tired. The worst thing that could happen was her reaching the 10 count and being disqualified, but she'd still have her title.

Charlotte did the first thing that came to her mind as the referee was inching towards the 10 count and rolled out of the ring, jerking Sasha up and tossing her in the ring. She looked back at Emma who was scowling at Sasha before hopping back into the ring and covering her.