Chapter 32: Evidence

            "Come on! Keep up!" Demi whined, sprinting ahead before stopping suddenly, waving at us to hurry.

            Dawn pulled on my arm as if her force would get me to move at a faster pace. I continued at my walk, trying to appear as if the strain on my arm wasn't painful.

            "I'm a bit tired of Salamence not ever leaving the company of his new sibling." I stated.

            Dawn's pull lessened, "Well, they're brothers. You can't expect them not to spend time together. Besides, we won't be here forever."

            My mouth thinned. It had been a week since reuniting with Electivire. Each day had been full of socializing, though fortunately I had gotten out of going into the church for longer than a few minutes at a time or spending any quality time with Robert, who still was a complete stranger that I hadn't warmed up to yet.

            "You and Roric spend hours together so I don't know why you're complaining." Dawn teased.

            "Roric and I have civilized conversation." I argued.

            "The last time I interrupted you were both talking about your hair."

            "He brought up that subject. And he talked about his for the majority of that topic."

            Dawn gave me a disbelieving look.

            I guffawed, "Dawn, since when do I talk about hair?"

            "He must be influencing you. Wow, peer pressure."

            She laughed as I pulled my hand out of hers to smack her shoulder gently, but ran to catch up to Demi. I still refused to run, opting to smile as she turned to face me as she continued going backwards, winking at me.

            Where are you heading, kiddo?

            I looked behind me to find my uncle's Electivire jogging tiredly to catch up.

            "I'm not sure. Demi says she has a surprise for us."

            I see. Do you think the surprise involves my look-alike? He asked.

            "No. I don't think my partner would go through Demi to speak to me."

            He sure is taking his sweet time to talk to you about his choice. Electivire grunted.

            "We're both very full of pride." I said, slowing in my walk, "Or else the two of us would have spent much longer together."

            He sighed, I hope you're not beating yourself up about leaving me.

            Shrugging, I didn't look at him.

            You have to leave it in the past. He cautioned gently, Guilt eats away at people. The best thing to do is let yourself get picked up and keep going.

            "That seems logical."

            You and your logic. Electivire scoffed, How about some spiritual healing? It's spiritual advice.

            "Of course when I can hear your words you're beating the Bible as well." I said, trying not to smile.

            He noticed and grinned, I was Ben's Pokemon and have spent years with Robert. Do you really think their faith wouldn't rub off on me?