Chapter 16 : The Question *

Romettah

"H-Hey, R-Ro?"

Before even saying a word Dani was rigidly frozen in place, definitely not expecting my arrival and it would be awfully embarrassing if she pushes me away now because I have no ride home. Although, her demanding me to leave is highly doubtful.

Dani daintily smiles, seeming pleased to see me but also confused as my reasoning for appearing at her doorstep so out of the blue. I return the gesture, ignoring my un-awaited interference, hoping she would too knowing if she asked I don't have a definite answer.

"W-What are you doing here, Romettah?" She asks, her tenebrous brown eyes refusing to meet mine as they dart back and forth from between me and the scenery behind me, like she was looking out for something or someone. Harry, of course. I'd be fooling myself by turning a blind eye to the reality of this madness.

Great, with what response do I answer her question?

"Um," My voice comes out groggy as I hesitate to speak. "I haven't been having the best of days lately." I hesitatingly confess, my left hand hugging my right elbow awkwardly.

I internally cringe at my own words. When the hell did I start using pity as a form of persuasion? I feel sorry for myself.

She looks at me, the soft brown of her eyes already turning with pity and it almost makes me want to tell her to turn me away because of what I just provoked. But I don't. I didn't want to be turned away because I wanted to stay here with her for as long as time is in existence.

"Can I come in?" I eventually croak.

Slowly, she nods and moves aside, opening the door wider to allow me space to come in. "Of course."

I effortlessly glide through the given space and step inside Dani's humble sanctuary.

I clear my throat once I'm inside, looking around the place as if it was the most unfamiliar environment I had ever stepped foot into as my mind races with the thought of what exactly am I doing here.

I sensed the tension thicken once the door was shut, only making the space feel all the more dense. Gosh, I wanted to scream in her face to stop acting like we're strangers, we're in front of no one if that's what she is worried about. I hate this, I hate our situation. I'd drop everything if she asked me to, but I know it'd take more than just a few words to convince her to do the same.

But I simply kept my mouth shut. I didn't scream, I didn't yell, I made no fuss, even if felt almost taken advantage of by her. I knew she wasn't obviously to the way I felt about her, but never was I going to play the victim nor use that card, not on her, not after using the pity card only minutes before.

The room seems to dim when her dark brown orbs stare directly into my ocean blue eyes ones to keep a dedicated connection when she parts her pink lips to speak. "I didn't know you were going stop by." She aimlessly commented.

"Me neither."

"What are you doing here then?" She asks once more, only this time there was a little more firmness in her tone. The slight, barely existing aggressiveness nearly breaking my heart.

I facetiously smirk. "Would you believe me if I said it's cause I've missed you."

She snickers. "Not really." She tells me and I quirk a brow.