Chapter 3 : Meet The Babysitter *

Romettah

Slowly, my brows angrily furrow, my plump pink lips part as a harsh scowl takes over my facial features. "Mom, a babysitter? Seriously? I'm almost seventeen! Fucks sake, I can take care of myself!" I argued, not caring that I cursed even though she'll scold at me and possibly throw that pot of chicken soup on me for it.

Just like mine, her thin eyebrows furrow angrily. "Stop cursing, little girl! I don't care about what you want, I hired you a babysitter so you're getting one and that is final!" She yelled near my face aggressively, her nostrils flaring, her brows still narrowed down to her fierce, fiery blue eyes.

"Ugh, whatever." I groaned before stomping up the stairs to my room, slamming the door shut.

"DON'T SLAM YOUR DOOR!" I heard her yell, probably from the end of the staircase.

"YOU'RE WORSE THEN DONALD TRUMP!" I yelled back, rolling my eyes before burying my face into my white pillows. I knew no one was worse then Trump.

I remained in my room for the rest of the day, living off the chocolate chip cookie stash I kept inside my nightstand drawer.

I checked the time when my stomach growled with hunger and saw it was finally past six p.m. I sighed in relief before scurrying down the stairs knowing my mother and John went back to church for the night.

I prepared myself dinner which consisted of two hard boiled eggs, avocado and two slices of white bread. Simple yet delicious.

The next day was bliss knowing the two weeks that follow I still have no school thanks to the spring season and the school break. I actually found myself smiling that morning which is something rare for me. Surprisingly, the tweeting of the birds that usually annoyed me in the mornings I found rather pleasant.

But my morning had to be ruined when I remembered my mother hired a babysitter for me. I grunted out loud, dreading the moment he or she will walk through the front door.

"Romettah, the babysitters here!" My hollers from downstairs.

I forced myself out of bed, my bare feet hitting the cold wooden floor but I didn't bother to put on any shoes.

With every step I took I became more anxious yet excited as various wicked thought of possible ways I could scare off the babysitter ran through my pensive mind. Certainly having a babysitter always looking after me will deprive of my civil rights, not to mention it would be more difficult to sneak off from them than my mom and John. I can't allow anyone to interfere with my responsibilities.

I reached the last step to find my mother and a black haired women talking. I only see the back of her head and overall figure. Curiously, I titled my head to the side to get a better look at the woman.

Not only did I feel the pace of my heart accelerate as eyes widen when she turned to face me, but I knew I will be faced with a troubled self altercation. I have been caught.

Her eyes roamed from my bare feet, to my pale legs, up to my collar where strands of my blonde locks laid gracefully upon until lastly to her eyes met my enchanting blue eyes unexpectedly.

It was Dani.

Her brown eyes soon became just as wide as mine and I knew she has realized who I am, her stunned expression showcasing exactly that.