Chapter 15 : Hospital Rooms *

Romettah

Beep, beep, beep...

I can still here the heart monitor ringing in my ears from the previous night. Armani, Sasha and myself stayed in the hospital room with Lebra all night whom unluckily got shot. Fathoming that reality was still difficult, even when I was staring at her unconscious body laying lifelessly on a hospital, it felt unreal. I guess I was traumatized, yet somehow I knew I'll be fine in a few days and look back at this as some other redundant situation the girls and I put ourselves in.

Relying on two hours of sleep, here we are now; in our local police station. I was the second to go into this awfully unnecessary circumstance, sitting in a highly uncomfortable cold metal chair within the hostile atmosphere of an integration room. I was being tortured with ridiculous questions I had no right responses to. The inquires consisted of what had happened that night at the party while Armani waits outside for her turn into this room, Sasha being the first one who had already been equally as tortured with absurd questions.

"Miss. Moore, are you certain you had no relation with this Johnny character?" The stubby woman asks me for the third time in the fifteen span I've been captive in this interrogation room. She leaned over the table, nearing my face as a from of a intimidation. I've seen too much true crime television to be oblivious to the fact that, that was exactly what she was attempting to do. Any weak person would crack under her stare, but not me. She didn't faze me in the slightest.

"No." I answer bluntly, again. "First time I had ever seen him and as much I was wish I had some form of twenty-twenty vision to have seen every detail of his face from the distance I standing from; I don't." I say lowly, coming off more sarcastic than I intended. I wish I could take back my tone not my words when I saw the police woman become suspicious. Gosh, I could bury myself alive before these useless police people could get anywhere.

Of course I wanted Lebra to get better and to get her well deserved justice, but being in this police station being asked questions I didn't have answers isn't going to lead anyone towards anything. If anything being here was only killing time, that Jonny kid could have probably left the town, hell, even the state and we are only proving how much of an inaccurate source we are. He could have killed that girl who cheated on him and get away with it at the rate that this case is moving. But ofc course I could not voice these opinions of mine.

I really don't know why I was thinking so pessimistically, I guess I'm becoming use to the worst possible out comes that not even the most powerful sources could put a stop to. The more time we spend as suspects under these useless policemen's microscopes, the bigger the possibility of our illegal secret getting discovered became. If one of us falls, we all go down together. There was no way around it.

After about five more painful minutes spent of this woman asking me why was I -as an underaged girl- was doing at a party like that. They obviously discovered traces of the alcohol and drugs sheltered under that roof that night, no matter how deeply the owners of that home cleaned, the cops somehow have their methods. I kept denying my participation in any illegal activity but no matter how much I denied those accusations she didn't believe me. I smirked in amusement, trying to stop a chuckle waiting to slip. It didn't matter what anyone believe without any solid proof.

Even if I was drinking or doing drugs, I don't see how that has anything to do with the importance of this situation. I'm more than certain cops out of all people are not oblivious to the fact that those things are common amongst teenagers, it was just our luck that we happened to be friends with the girl who unfortunately got shot.