Chapter 8 : Within The Same Heat *

Romettah

"Have you warmed up to Harry or has he warmed up to you yet?" Dani asked from the kitchen while she was washing the dishes.

I rise up off the couch and make my way around the sharp corner to enter the kitchen where I'm met with the effortlessly stunning woman. "We've talked. He's... fun to play around with." I smirked to myself, lowly chuckling.

The running water stopped and she dried her hands clean with the small white towel hung on the clear towel rack before she turned to me with a stern, skeptical look as her frail hand rested on her hip.

I tried my best to keep a straight face as she looked at me with those chestnut color, sparkling eyes of hers.

"Have you been teasing him?" I could tell she was trying not to laugh. I knew she was implying that I've been rude towards Harry –which I have– but I've also been up to other naughty, devious duties.

"Maybe..." I innocent smile, leaning over the kitchen counter with my dainty behind slowly swaying from side to side in the air. "I don't like him." I add with pout, resting my head in the palm of my hand being supported by my arm that laid on the counter.

"That's not a valid excuse." She says, lightly laughing.

"It's just that," I make my way around the counter and stand in front of her slightly shorter figure. "I want you for myself." I whine, wrapping my arms around her neck and guide her to my lips as we indulge in a sloppy kiss. "I don't like sharing." I finish.

We instinctively pulled apart right when we heard the front door open followed by footsteps starting to wonder deeper into the apartment until he was seen.

"Hey babe, have you made something for lunch?" He ponders as he takes a seat on the small dining table after setting down his black backpack carelessly on the ground. "I didn't purchase anything on the way home cause I'm on a budget." He explains to Dani, completely ignoring me though I'm sure he could feel the harsh gaze I set on him.

"Yeah, I made grilled chicken and rice, want some?" Dani response sweetly.

"Is that even a question? Of course, I'm so hungry." He says and Dani starts to prep his food onto a plate.

I stare at the interactions between the at the two perceptively. They act like an old married couple. Living together, the cliché story book wife waiting for her wedded husband with food on the table. They seemed very rushed. I know I wouldn't be able to handle being settled down at nineteen or twenty. Though I hate to admit this, they look so like a pretty content and happy couple. It's such a shame I'm here to ruin it all.

Right when Dani set down Harry's plate full of food for him to immediately start to dig in, I felt my phone go off in my pocket.

I excused myself, going into the bathroom to receive the incoming call from Armani.

"Hey." I answered.

"Hey, you got a client." She says in a playful tone.

I sigh inaudibly. "Alright, I'll be right over." I say, about to hang up but I hear shout "wait" before I could.

"What is it?" I ponder, bringing the phone back up to my ear.

"This client is different," She pauses briefly. "I think it's time." She tells me with a hint of hesitation.