Chapter 6 : Little Girl *

Romettah

"Mom, I could have just stayed home alone." I tried to reason with her even though we were only steps away from Dani's and Harry's apartment door.

She inhaled deeply before exhaling heavily in it irritation. "Please Ro, I can't do that. Can't you just cooperate with me, please?" She pleaded without much enthusiasm and looked at me with those eyes that have lost their shine even though they glisten with tears, not because she was about to cry, but because they were full of sorrow.

Reminding myself why I have to stay here in the first place, I frowned and didn't protest any further, deciding to just do as told even though that meant being in the stuck breathing the same air for two weeks with the man of whom's girlfriend is cheating on him with me.

Pressing her pale knuckles against the black door, my mom places three knocks on it before retrieving her frail hand. In my head, I tried to make the seconds that pass last before the door could eventually opened.

In a swift movement, the door opened but I couldn't see who it was since my vision was towards the ground to avoid the gaze of whomever opened the door.

"Oh uh– hello." His deep voice greets. "Dani is just cooking supper, but she'll be done in a few. You can come in, though."

I ball my hands into a fist inside the pockets of my hoodie and bit each of the insides of my cheeks making my cheekbones prominent, that all being my reaction of hearing his voice.

"Go in." My mother whispered for my ears only, lightly placing her hand on my back for me to step inside first.

Unwilling, I step through the entry, sighting his black leather boots on my way in. Once we were fully inside I heard their door slam close. The place smelt of something delicious cooking as it filled my nostrils and perhaps if I was hungry I'd find the smell delightful, but the smell made me want to puke on Harry's boots.

"Is she alright?" I heard him quietly ask my mother even though my hood and blonde locks were covering my ears, I heard him perfectly.

"She's fine." She reassures him. "She's just upset about the whole situation." My mother says to him which was convincing only because he didn't know the reason I was truly upset. The situation with John was devastating, but john was nothing to me so I did not feel the need to mourn over someone as insignificant as him. My mother did a great job at feeding Harry a believable lie, though.

I pulled off my hood that's connected to my olive green sweater before running a hand through my messy, wavy blonde hair, my gaze finally disconnected from the plain wooden floor.

My ocean eyes scanned my surroundings before they landed on a pair of bright green ones.

His ample arms laid crossed over his chest as he gawked curiously at me, seeming like he was trying to figure me out just by looking into my eyes. Blinking, I adverted my eyes elsewhere.

"Oh, you guys arrived." I heard Dani's voice state as her footsteps followed behind the sound of her melodious voice.

My head snapped to the direction her voice came from to see her coming around a corner which I'm guessing was where the kitchen was. She was wearing a plain white apron that hugged her waist and her hair was up in a short messy ponytail yet she managed to look effortlessly beautiful.